The future for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jayme said:
I think that most SkyWest people (like myself) are pissed off enough about being jerked around with the 70 seater that we are not about to give concessions to steal work from ASA. The whole reason we signed off on the same pay for the 50 was because it was an 18 month agreement. Short term agreement implies the pay problem will be fixed soon - otherwise, why would management propose such a short term agreement? We bought it hook, line, and sinker, and we're kicking ourselves for it.

I agree

18+8 = 26 months of raw deal!!! 18 month T/A expired as of Jan 1.

Sapa are a$$ puppets!!! Dream on about retro pay, the last update

from El presidente dave was "think outside the box" He received a

good chunk of outside the box ideas but they will get flushed. The majority

were excellent QOL ideas and of course no cost to the company.

1.2% and no retro pay was our great offer that doesn't even include

COL. Hell are houses getting cheaper?

Lets let ASA know what they are dealing with.

1st item should have been split the rates and stfu. Their first offer

didn't even include the Brozillia mexi king air pilots any increase at

all. Slap Slap Slap. Management loves to Slap the face. Sapa loves

to eat donuts and have meetings all day.

All the pilots hear is well we hashed this out and we have come to an

agreement that we need to have another meeting. Overall it is really

Sad. Sad Sapa Sad.

:cool: well if all is not well at Skwst, NOW would be the time to come together as a pilot group and get ALPA on property. I am not saying that this would end all problems, but it does give you more of a solid leg to stand on when trying to get things done. I believe that it would be the best for both pilot groups. Granted we have been in negotiations for almost three years, but I (along with the majority of ASA pilots) expect FULL back pay and a good pay raise!! Stand strong folks, we need each other!

Well I think everyone knows how we (ASA) pilots play the whipsaw game: No concessions for airplanes (and we still got them!).

The question is how unified is the SKW pilot group? Do a majority of them see the value of both pilot groups acting as one? Our last wholly-owned compadres sure didn't & it would be great if we could stand side by side with our new brothers and show a management team how formidable a unified pilot group is.

FixNFly said:
Well I think everyone knows how we (ASA) pilots play the whipsaw game: No concessions for airplanes (and we still got them!).

The question is how unified is the SKW pilot group? Do a majority of them see the value of both pilot groups acting as one? Our last wholly-owned compadres sure didn't & it would be great if we could stand side by side with our new brothers and show a management team how formidable a unified pilot group is.

SkyWest does not need ALPA.....it would be the worst thing they could do!
How good has ALPA been at other airlines????? Exactly!

An In house Union would be good. We at SkyW saw the last union drive fail due to lack of Spine. Now we are getting it over the barrel with no end in sight. We need to unify both groups. I am sure our future Union Reps are trying to contact your guys. It should be interesting./

rtmcfi said:
What benefit does an in-house offer over ALPA?

No aeromedical assistance, no safety department...

Multi Million Dollar Strike Fund.

ALPA Legal

Instant access to all the other chairman from all the ALPA carriers.

701EV

Since ASA is not tied to Delta because of the SKYW purchase (as far as doing only Delta feed), they will be able to fly feed for other airlines now.

Latest resources

Back