• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The future for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:rolleyes:KO KING...step AWAY from the Company Kool Aid! You might want to be around the airline business a few more years, before making statements like that! I am sure that some of your more senior guys could tell you of the many "Clustered Ops" that have happened in the past! (ie 50 for 70 pay.) Would not happen with a UNION!

How would the two pilot groups go about unifying into one group? I don't think it's as easy as saying "okay, we're one big happy family now." If the SKYW pilots organize..........be it ALPA or IBT or UPA or Bob's Union, it still isn't a done deal (one pilot group) is it? Didn't the ASA/ Comair groups try this very thing with DAL? How well did that work?

Curious,

AF :cool:

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:KO KING...step AWAY from the Company Kool Aid! You might want to be around the airline business a few more years, before making statements like that! I am sure that some of your more senior guys could tell you of the many "Clustered Ops" that have happened in the past! (ie 50 for 70 pay.) Would not happen with a UNION!

Just stating my opinion my man....you think "I drink the company Kool Aid". That is your opinion. You have no clue whether I disagree or agree with management most of the time so you opinion really means nothing. I'm just saying for the people at SkyWest, a union would be a big mistake. I have to go now......got some more "Kool Aid" to drink......

atrdriver said:
My hope is that the SKW pilots will vote ALPA in the next go around and at least management will have to deal with ALPA on both sides of the fence..That would probably mitigate it at least somewhat.

Are you high? I think that would be terrible. ALPA sucks for regionals.
Skywest needs an in-house union

ArcticFlier said:
Care to expand? Or are you just going to opine to hear your mouth run?

AF :cool:

Nope.......Capt. megadeth pretty much echoed my thoughts above.

Not that ALPA has the interests of the regional pilots at heart, but with ALPA you have their financial and legal resources available. In house you are limited to the confines of your own pilot group. If you need lots of money, or extended resources, Alpa is a better source if you have their backing.

rtmcfi,
It failed because about three weeks before the vote, it leaked out that ALPA was behind the push for the "in-house" union. The 'In-house" was doomed to fail from day 1. The reason ...it was supposed to. After a year of a mess with the "In-House" in the distant you here ......"Here I come to save the day!"(spoken by ALPA). ALPA is not the answer. But it might be the only chioce we got. Stuck between a rock and a hard place and both suck. rtmcfi...What do you want? a rock or a hard place that is your only chioce.

I personally know someone at a regional who lost his medical due to a serious illness. The Feds didn't want to give it back. ALPA Medical spent an enormous amount of time and $ getting this individual back in the cockpit.

I am certainly no big fan of Uncle Duane or the Major Airline Mafia that runs ALPA, but an in house union will simply not work at a regional . There isn't enough income from the dues a few thousand RJ drivers can contribute. And even if it DID work, it will never be able to match the resources of ALPA as far as things like Legal, Medical, Strike Funds etc.

ALPA National may not be the miracle cure some would like, but neither is it the Boogey man others think it is.

It's not perfect, but it's the best we're gonna do.

Latest resources

Back