The FAA Responded

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GVJeff

I sent my letter to the FAA asking to remove all my type ratings, and change my certificate status to Private Pilot Single and Multi. They answered my request in 16 days, and sent me a temporary certificate giving me only private pilot privs! So it's official, I am no longer typed in anything, and only hold a private pilot license!

I sent my letter to the FAA asking to remove all my type ratings, and change my certificate status to Private Pilot Single and Multi. They answered my request in 16 days, and sent me a temporary certificate giving me only private pilot privs! So it's official, I am no longer typed in anything, and only hold a private pilot license!

Enjoy your retirement, Jeff.

GV

Enjoy your retirement, Jeff.

GV

Thank you. It has been a pleasure to fly the birds produced in SAV. It has been the highlight of my career. It was a real pleasure to taxi the G550 in from a 12+40 leg for the last time.

Looks like someone has Jeff's login info.

Would the Real Jeff please stand up?

I don't think this is a joke, although I don't have the slightest clue what the point of giving back your ratings would be.

My personal feeling on the matter would be that if you're as fortunate as Jeff has been and have had the opportunity to see the world, fly the best equipment the industry has to offer (nod to GVFlyer), and somehow accumulate enough cash to retire one should have enough respect for the tools that have allowed you to get to that point not to simply just give them away.

I hope it is a joke...

Last edited:
It's not, he posted a thread a while back asking if it was possible to have his type ratings and licenses taken away. If I remember right he was doing it so he wouldn't have the urge to come back to flying.

On 10/25 Jeff posted on the NBAA employment forum that he had a gig that conflicted with another one and needed some help. So, Jeff, is this really you?

I know the real G5Jeff, and he is not hardly retired, and would never consider turning his tickets in at all. He is alive and well, flying contract on Gulfstream GV, G550 and GIV aircraft. Whomever the GVJeff on this blog is, it is not the "infamous" Jeff Beck. He is my friend, and true professional, he has been known to be opinionated from time to time, but most always carries himself as a professional pilot. So please, everyone, be advised that the real Jeff Beck is still working and is still around the community. I know that for a fact, I just got off the phone with Captain Beck.

Latest resources

Back