• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The end of Delta Airlines begins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yeah, you have a few SWA guys that should really be ashamed of some of their posts concerning F9.
In fact, if a guy wanted to live in Colorado and fly for F9 why would he want to take a staple? If he wanted that let him go apply to SWA. Otherwise nobody knows what will happen. Suppose Bedford sells them to someone that has the means to maximize their potential? It's not unrealistic to say that F9 could be a very good place to work in 5 or 10 years if the right people get ahold of them.
You never know what can happen to any of us in this business.

So, despite your allusion to SWA Dan (nice one, with the "Warrior Spirit" thing, by the way!), you can't blame this one on Southwest like you normally try to. Talk to your Delta buddies.

Bubba

.....while I am on roll here....... I think it's a safe bet you read mostly the SWA strings, which is understandable, so perhaps you have missed my other posts. You would see I don't "normally just blame SWA" You are seeing things primarily from a SWA perspective.

Perhaps what sums up best the difference with you guys is you didn't see DAL guys bagging on NWA guys the way you SWA people did on here towards AirTran. Hence my posts that may seem hard on SWA.

I suspect that the title of this thread (by a guy with a SWA plane as his avatar) is strictly a tongue-in-cheek reponse to the thread started by OYS or General Lee (I forget which) that started the whole "end of..." craze. You remember, the one that announced the end of SWA, and took actual pleasure in gloating that SWA "lost money" in the 3rd quarter (despite the fact that the majority of his facts were wrong).

Bubba

And, we have a winner!!
Damn, maybe next time I'll have to pour it on even thicker.

BTW, if anyone wants to jump on the "End of..." Threads, we Southwest/(AirTran) announced that they are cutting 5 more cities in the near future.

And, we have a winner!!
Damn, maybe next time I'll have to pour it on even thicker.

BTW, if anyone wants to jump on the "End of..." Threads, we Southwest/(AirTran) announced that they are cutting 5 more cities in the near future.

And in other news, Allegiant will be announcing new service to 5 more cities....... ;)

My take is we all do pretty much the same thing and in person we all get along fine. I enjoy meeting and hearing about different flying careers from pilots of all backgrounds. I just have a problem with people that think it's their airline against everyone else's. We all are more alike than different and just because someone's management made some good or bad choices that doesn't have to do with anything about the individual. Clearly, no airline is invincible. Right now SWA is doing good, not as good as PanAm was in the 60's or UAL in the 90's, but you still have a good airline. The reality is we all can be victimized by a few stupid mistakes a management team makes and there is not much we can do. Yes even SWA could suffer in the future. For that reason we should realize we are all in the same boat and we all live in glass houses.

Probably the best post I have ever read on FI, or any other board for that matter... While this post is about SWA/Airtran, It could easily be about Delta/Northwest, UAL/CAL or USAir/AWA.... We need to learn who we should all be fighting... And it's not each other...

I suspect that the title of this thread (by a guy with a SWA plane as his avatar) is strictly a tongue-in-cheek reponse to the thread started by OYS or General Lee (I forget which) that started the whole "end of..." craze. You remember, the one that announced the end of SWA, and took actual pleasure in gloating that SWA "lost money" in the 3rd quarter (despite the fact that the majority of his facts were wrong).

So, despite your allusion to SWA Dan (nice one, with the "Warrior Spirit" thing, by the way!), you can't blame this one on Southwest like you normally try to. Talk to your Delta buddies.

Bubba

Sorry, but SWA not showing a profit during the most profitable quarter of the year is a lot more surprising than the MEM pilot base closing, or maybe the CVG base in the future possibly. Those bases have been shrunk considerably over the last few years, whereas SWA has been mostly profitable. You have to admit it's true.

Godspeed!

OYS

Sorry, but SWA not showing a profit during the most profitable quarter of the year is a lot more surprising than the MEM pilot base closing, or maybe the CVG base in the future possibly. Those bases have been shrunk considerably over the last few years, whereas SWA has been mostly profitable. You have to admit it's true.

Godspeed!

OYS

Uh, sorry OYS, but please pay closer attention. This discussion was about Dan Roman only taking SWA posters to task for stupid things said. Every airline represented on this forum has posters that can be mean-spirited, uninformed, say stupid things, or just plain nasty, etc. Every one of them. However, Dan only seems to chastise SWA posters when they transgress in his eyes.

YOU, in this context, were my example of other airlines' people saying stupid or mean-spirited things (the thread where you took pleasure in our Q3 "loss"). And thank you, by the way, for jumping in right on cue, to prove my point, and also to repeat your "facts," that were, in fact, misinformed.

Bubba

Couldn't agree more. There has always been competition amongst different airlines, but it sure seems this generation is more narcissistic than those in the past. Somehow I can't see the WW 2 generation boasting about their "Warrior Spirit" and how they are going to kick other airlines ass!
Maybe because they lived the real thing.

There's more than a few of our original pilots and leaders who embody the 'warrior spirit', who have lived 'the real thing'- a humbling video on swalife about one of our best-

Again- happy veteran's day

Latest resources

Back