• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The end of Delta Airlines begins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NWA should have closed MEM 20 years ago.

CVG will be next.

Base closures are an unfortunate but routine event in this industry. When I was hired, DAL had 7 pilot bases (ATL, DFW, IAH, MIA, MSY, ORD, and BOS). One by one, all except ATL were closed. New bases were opened, of course, but this meant a lot of pilots had to move or commute. :(

When will the end of the stupid "the end of" threads is going to come I wonder.

Couldn't agree more. There has always been competition amongst different airlines, but it sure seems this generation is more narcissistic than those in the past. Somehow I can't see the WW 2 generation boasting about their "Warrior Spirit" and how they are going to kick other airlines ass!
Maybe because they lived the real thing.

Couldn't agree more. There has always been competition amongst different airlines, but it sure seems this generation is more narcissistic than those in the past. Somehow I can't see the WW 2 generation boasting about their "Warrior Spirit" and how they are going to kick other airlines ass!
Maybe because they lived the real thing.

I suspect that the title of this thread (by a guy with a SWA plane as his avatar) is strictly a tongue-in-cheek reponse to the thread started by OYS or General Lee (I forget which) that started the whole "end of..." craze. You remember, the one that announced the end of SWA, and took actual pleasure in gloating that SWA "lost money" in the 3rd quarter (despite the fact that the majority of his facts were wrong).

So, despite your allusion to SWA Dan (nice one, with the "Warrior Spirit" thing, by the way!), you can't blame this one on Southwest like you normally try to. Talk to your Delta buddies.

Bubba

Well a few of you guys seem to think I am a SWA hater because I called fowl on some of the crap being put on here about SWA's superiority to AirTran in the merger. Had to love the one about the SWA guy putting down the 717 as some kind of inferior aircraft to the 737 he was flying!
Anyway, you haven't seen me gloat because SWA had a losing qtr. In fact, I think someone has to be pretty stupid to somehow think SWA is in trouble. You don't see me throwing rocks at anything but perceived arrogance.
My take is we all do pretty much the same thing and in person we all get along fine. I enjoy meeting and hearing about different flying careers from pilots of all backgrounds. I just have a problem with people that think it's their airline against everyone else's. We all are more alike than different and just because someone's management made some good or bad choices that doesn't have to do with anything about the individual. Clearly, no airline is invincible. Right now SWA is doing good, not as good as PanAm was in the 60's or UAL in the 90's, but you still have a good airline. The reality is we all can be victimized by a few stupid mistakes a management team makes and there is not much we can do. Yes even SWA could suffer in the future. For that reason we should realize we are all in the same boat and we all live in glass houses.

Latest resources

Back