• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Dumbest Words Ever Spoken

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ever been to a southern Baptist tent revival? and they (my family) wonder why i became Pagan...

Oh yes... I've seen it all my friend. Not even 1 mile from the Pentacostal church was a Southern Baptist church. All in a town of about 2000 people. Pentacostals are the worst that I've seen. They're the ones doing the snake handling in the NC mountains.

They're the ones doing the snake handling in the NC mountains.

Tried to go to one of those in Northern Georgia one time. Didn't let me in. It was just out of morbid curiosity. I later learned that if someone unplugs the amps and shoots the drums....well the snakes go back in the boxes in a hurry. Has a lot to do with the loud music and other noise. There were also several coolers as well. Cold snakes don't perform.

It just kinda makes you wonder if God is up there laughing his arse off at the way some of these people practice their worship.

Personally, I think some of these religions are proof positive that God has a sense of humor.

He'd seen enough

"An' then they brung out this box full o' SNAKES, an' commenced ta handin' them from one ta the other, an' I axe Clovis 'Where is the back DOOR ta this church?', an' he sez 'We ain't GOT no back door', an I sez 'Well where would you LIKE one?'......."

---Jerry Clower

This, as pointed out, comes from the Left Behind series that started with an aircraft where a number of people just departed including I bleieve the crew.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back