• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The dreaded SSSS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, the SSSS go away as you fly, I still get them on the "oddball" airline that I don't fly on much, like US Air, while I never see them on ones I use regularly. I don't even ask them to take them off, it takes more time that the quick pat down. (Except the time the bomb sniffer went off after they wiped my bag, that took a few minutes more, they never did figure out why it kept going off.)
I got the double whammy recently - coming back from company recurrent, travel had me on US Air. Got the SSSS and the pleasure of CMH TSA all at once. Very nice.

The best reason to fight for getting in CASS so we can use the crew lanes is simply to see the CMH TSA's faces when they can't harass us for having a 4-oz tube of toothpaste. Priceless!

I wear my uniform no matter where I travel, even if I travel on vacation, I wear that thing, and every time I have had the SSSS, the ticket agent would remove it, or the tsa guy would wave me without the search, I know it sucks to wear the uniform, but I hate the hassles of security even more, so I just fly in uniform all of the time.

I wear my uniform no matter where I travel, even if I travel on vacation, I wear that thing, and every time I have had the SSSS, the ticket agent would remove it, or the tsa guy would wave me without the search, I know it sucks to wear the uniform, but I hate the hassles of security even more, so I just fly in uniform all of the time.

You know you wear it cause the chick's dig it... I on the other hand would rather be raped in flip-flops!

About Clear - In Denver, the clear line is next to the badged employee line. They funnel to the same agent with the stamp. I have yet to see someone use that lane though.

USAir is the worst about SSSS. I use my United number when I am on scareways, so I may never see it go away. Most agents are quick about the bag search, a few like the grab and tickle.

USAir is the worst about SSSS. I use my United number when I am on scareways, so I may never see it go away.

My expereince is well. The cooperative frequent flyer programs help build up the miles - but when you use the "wrong" frequent flyer number you get the SSSS.

I don't worry about SSSS since I'm on the airline side but If I'm jumpseating at random airports with historically shady TSA agents I just go through security in uniform and pull a superman into civilian clothes right after passing through.

I hate the TSA.. it is a total facade

When I get the SSSS and I'm traveling in uniform because I'm flying on the other end, I just stand there, smile, and shake my head as the TSA doofus rumages through my bag, runs a patch through the bomb sniffer, pats me down, and punches the ticket with the secret hole punch of the day. The look on other passenger's faces is classic.

I know it's a total waste of time but I love the TSA. Job security baby, job security. Our folks will stop traveling completely before they'll go back for the double bend-over from the Thousands Standing Around.

Book the ticket with the appropriate company ff # and then after through security have a gate agent change it for you. I always book usair with my usair # and then have them change it for me to a united number on the flip side.

Avoid Kiosk

If you do not want to get Ss , go see a ticket agent because they can wave it if you are a crewmember with ID in uniform. But sometimes the lines are so long to see one, it will take just as long.

Latest resources

Back