Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
737 Pylt said:
FDJ2:
Its just rumors. Friend of mine on the 88 flew with a capt. who had Lee Moak on the JS and supposedly they were talking about the TA.....I don't believe anything until I see it on paper!

Heavy.....According to the rumors (and thats all it is right now) all furloughed pilots would be recalled. Again, its all tied to growth.

I also heard maybe 737-700s and a couple advanced entitlements, until the IRAN War. Then, massive furloughs, 76 seaters turning to 90 seters overnight, and lower airfares for everyone!!! Yippy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

strega7 said:
SkyWest does not fly any 90 seaters. Mostly 50's and 66's with a few 70's.

No but your current pay rates provide that if, and that's a big if, DCI ever recieves bigger aircraft that you would fly them for 50 seat rates. Right!?!?

So how's getting a 70 seat payrate at SKW going anyway? Are you guys gonna give some of the money on the 50 to raise the 70 seat rate like Jerry said he would?

Easy Gen Lee, don't get a hard on to post that you guy's will never approve over 70 seats. Nope. I don't want to see bigger a/c at DCI either. But that's not up to me, that's for you DAL pilots and managment to fight over.

I want to see mainline pilots flying 90 seat Dash8 Q500s if DH ever builds them.

Final Jeopardy: When was the last time a mainline pilot group flew a turboprop, and what aircraft was it?

General Lee said:
The fact is we do not exactly know yet what is included in the TA, although there are plenty of rumors or leaks. As far as scope goes, IF the rumors are accurate, I doubt the TA will pass since scope really is a top priority for the remaining pilots.

GL, its no rumor. I had confirmation last night.

76 seaters to DCI

15 of them in 07

15 more in 08

after that they can get more, with a three for one ratio, 3 76 seaters for one mainline aircraft added.

Furlough protection (and this is the biggest joke in the TA) says if Delta furloughs they have to remove 6 seats from the 76 seat aircraft.

My only hope at this point is that the MEC votes it down, as they said they would.

amcnd said:
GL. If the TA is acceptable and there is only minor Scope relief (60 or less 76 seater's)then I hope for the Delta group and the traveling public that you think about Voting YES.

the problem is there is no such thing as a 76 seat aircraft. In reality it is a CRJ-900 or a EMB-175. Both of which are certified for much more than 76 seats. How long do you think it will take Delta to cry poor, say that they are losing money on these aircraft, and find a way to fly them at their full capacity? Would you consider scope relief up to 90 or so seats to be minor?

General Lee said:
1. Who said we will trade any money for scope?

2. Why couldn't we move the seat request back to 70 seats from 76, and still give additional 70 seaters to DCI? Sounds like ASA will bring the larger CRJ anyway, and still configure it with first class seats, up to 70.
General:

It seems I'm hearing the same sort of rumor from sources other than the boards. Do you remember the original concession demand from management, I think it was back in December? It seemed like it was 200 CRJ-700's (up from the current limit of 125) and was it 60 aircraft up to 78 seats? I don't remember management ever actually making a 90 seat propposal at DCI. The rumors I'm hearing now are close to identical with the seat limit rolled back to 76, matching what you wrote (addiding a very small amount of credibiility since you are hearing similar rumors) I'm also hearing furlough protection and growth guarantees to unlock the DCI scope changes.

I know that you are opposed to anyone growing anything at Delta - but if "the ASA airplanes" are going to be CRJ-900's regardless of how many seats are in them why does it make a difference to you if Delta recieves the additional revenue? ASA / SkyWest gets paid the same regardless. If Delta can make more money with the same airplane - why not do so?

General - Delta is struggling for its very survival. They are in worse shape than Northwest and United were. Why do you still want to fight wars that do nothing but harm revenues that pay your wages and put fuel in the aircraft that you want to upgrade on? Whether or not DCI has 70, 76, or 78 seats really does not matter to you. It will not change your upgrade time, or mine. So what's the fuss?

What bears watching are the Comair Flight Attendants this week. They have similar power to shut Delta down and nearly nothing to lose. What many of us are forgetting is that Delta managers are no longer calling the shots in these negotiations - creditors are. Creditors can be much more arbitrary and do not have experience running an airline.

Where does it stop fins? 76 or 78 seats now, 90-100 seats later? As someone else wrote in a different thread, DAL managment would have DCI do all but transcon and a few other domestic flying and let DAL do international if they could. It's gotta stop somewhere.

Gen. how much growth at mainline would it take for DAL pilots to give those 6 or 8 seats? Not flaming but just wondering? A huge 100 seat order, 787 order, anything?

GO AROUND said:
Where does it stop fins? 76 or 78 seats now, 90-100 seats later?
Well, it isn't up to me. ALPA and the Delta pilots make this decision.

If it were up to me, I would say it stops when all ALPA members are allowed to participate in the process of runing ALPA. ALPA sees this as a "we win - you lose" or "you win - we lose." A union which allowed all of its members to particpate in the representational process could find a lot more "we win together" scenarios.

DL's cost problem on these near 100 seat airplanes is not the pilots, it is the Delta infastructure, including outside consulting firms like McKinsey who have been leaching huge money out of the Company and making lousy decisions since Ron Allen's day.

My point is that we all know CRJ900's are coming to SkyWest, perhaps they will be given to ASA. Might as well make the best possible use of them. I do not see ASA launching another fleet type so the pragmatic answer to where this ends is whatever configuration the CRJ900 ends up in.

~~~^~~~ said:
Well, it isn't up to me. ALPA and the Delta pilots make this decision.

If it were up to me, I would say it stops when all ALPA members are allowed to participate in the process of runing ALPA. ALPA sees this as a "we win - you lose" or "you win - we lose." A union which allowed all of its members to particpate in the representational process could find a lot more "we win together" scenarios.

DL's cost problem on these near 100 seat airplanes is not the pilots, it is the Delta infastructure, including outside consulting firms like McKinsey who have been leaching huge money out of the Company and making lousy decisions since Ron Allen's day.

My point is that we all know CRJ900's are coming to SkyWest, perhaps they will be given to ASA. Might as well make the best possible use of them. I do not see ASA launching another fleet type so the pragmatic answer to where this ends is whatever configuration the CRJ900 ends up in.

Perhaps instead of blaming the DL pilots for all of your problems, you should look right next door. Your SKY brethren are holding you guys back from making more money! How soon before your concessions/pay are brought in line with SKY?? Isn't that the premise of your lawsuit?? If that is the case, then maybe you should file a lawsuit against the SKY pilots for flying 70 seat jets for 50 seat rates. It sounds like your issues are not with the DL pilot group, but your SKY counterparts!
Just some food for thought!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back