The DL TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WhatRUSmokinGL? said:
And I'll continue to give mine as well MUNCH!!!!

Get used to it breath.

Don't like it? Ignore me.

Can't, can't, can't we just all get along?!?

Hey General, why didn't you repond to the idea of brand scope in previous posts?

737 Pylt said:
Roar 44 has a section in the back of their publication where pilots can post gripes, and there have been numerous "gripes" about ASA now going below DL employees on DL aircraft. I don't see what the issue is, you are NO longer a wholly owned subsidiary!
So that makes it OK for my union dues to be used for the publication of persuasive arguements to take away my pay and working conditions? Pass benefits are benefits, which I view as part of my lousy compensation. Do you think ALPA would allow ASA's MEC to use contingency funds to slam the Delta pilots? Not just no, but hel1 no. If we dared to do such a thing the phone would ring with Herndon on the other line with threats to throw us into recievership.

And the issue is, Delta agreed to the deal and has even collected money for it. We perform the codeshare and our employees have had the right to enjoy pass benefits on DL code. They can not re-rig the system just because pilots decide that this is yet another issue where they can be superior to the guys who feed passengers into their airplanes.

Besides, there are just a mere handful of ASA employees that are senior to you and they rarely go anywhere. Like most of us, they dream about staying home on their days off. So I don't see what the issue is.

And - just because your MEC tried and was not sucessful at getting our pass benefits gutted does not mean that they never made the effort. Lets see how effective they were when this TA comes out....

Last edited:
jetfo said:
Hey General, why didn't you repond to the idea of brand scope in previous posts?
He has. His position is the Delta pilots own all the brand and all the scope. ASA and Comair pilots serve at his MEC's pleasure the flying that they do not want to perform. What flying he wants to perform changes from day to day and if he gets shiny jet syndrome (he likes the E170 to 195) then the guys currently perfoming similar flying can just go find other better jobs.

Then he wonders why these guys who serve at his pleasure can't get better contracts. But all is well in the world when ASA and Comair flying goes to places like Chautauqua and Mesa because the Chautauqua and Mesa pilots have not been such a pain in his arse about demanding their representational rights from ALPA. The Chautaqua and Mesa guys just take their two year upgrades and say "Thanks General!" He likes recognition that he is the supreme being amongst other pilots who have "failed to get hired" at his airline.

General Lee, PLEASE vote no! STRIKE!!!

Lyin' LeBreque has been running around telling everyone that "ASA will be shut down for a couple of days at most". That's what he told our MEC.

Apparently, after you "strike" and DAL Inc. liquidates Delta Airlines, there will be no struck work. An RJ will fly to every city you used to serve until DAL Inc can start up a new LCC to serve your routes, or they are sold to another airline. Like United. Either way, feed will always be needed in ATL.

Really, there is debate whether you will be striking or quitting, since the NMB hasn't released you. The airlines are pretty sure you will be quitting. That also means no struck work.

So go ahead, shoot down the TA and thin the herd. We won't shed a tear. If you walk off the job and kill Delta airlines, the vacuum will be filled in weeks, not months.

And none of you will even get the coveted job at Home Depot since no one will want to hire someone who "starved their grandchildren" by killing Delta Airlines out of their own selfish greed and ego. You might have to mortgage that redneck Humvee golf cart you have.

~~~^~~~ said:
So that makes it OK for my union dues to be used for the publication of persuasive arguements to take away my pay and working conditions?

I don't know....Does it make it ok for my union dues to be used for the publising of rjdc updates on the ALPA national site for persuasive arguments to take away my money paid towards keeping my union in business??

Pass benefits are benefits, which I view as part of my lousy compensation. Do you think ALPA would allow ASA's MEC to use contingency funds to slam the Delta pilots? Not just no, but hel1 no. If we dared to do such a thing the phone would ring with Herndon on the other line with threats to throw us into recievership.

That's where you're wrong....You see, your rjdc is constatnly using the ALPA web board to post their vitrol ad nauseum!!! And I have yet to see where they have had one post removed by your pal JB or DF!

And the issue is, Delta agreed to the deal and has even collected money for it. We perform the codeshare and our employees have had the right to enjoy pass benefits on DL code. They can not re-rig the system just because pilots decide that this is yet another issue where they can be superior to the guys who feed passengers into their airplanes.

Again, that's where you DON"T get it....It is a privilege! You even said it. And again, you are no longer a WHOLLY owned subsidiary...Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend...You wanted away from this disfunctional family, and you got it. Now you go on the same priority as CHQ and Mesa and all the other non wholly owned feeders. You still have your privileges!

Besides, there are just a mere handful of ASA employees that are senior to you and they rarely go anywhere. Like most of us, they dream about staying home on their days off. So I don't see what the issue is.
Then why are you crying the loudest about it??

And - just because your MEC tried and was not sucessful at getting our pass benefits gutted does not mean that they never made the effort. Lets see how effective they were when this TA comes out....

Don't worry pal, that dog fight isn't over yet....I can assure you. Now go and take your place rightfully at the end of the line and quit your whining....It will be hysterical when some newbie at CHQ comes and bumps you out of a non rev seat!! Besides, shouldn't you be working on an industry update now??
Maybe when the pass issue is resolved, you can start yet another lawsuit!

737 Pylt said:
Don't worry pal, that dog fight isn't over yet....I can assure you. Now go and take your place rightfully at the end of the line and quit your whining....It will be hysterical when some newbie at CHQ comes and bumps you out of a non rev seat!! Besides, shouldn't you be working on an industry update now??

Are you for real? Let me get this straight... you're hoping that ASA pass benefits are taken away? Why? What does it cost you?

And you expect us to support you in your labor dispute with DAL management?

I guess I could tell you in response "Now go and take your pay cut and quit your whining... I'll look real good in your 737 if you don't".

John Pennekamp said:
Are you for real? Let me get this straight... you're hoping that ASA pass benefits are taken away? Why? What does it cost you

Re read the post John...I don't wish anyone's pass benefits taken away...ASA is no longer a wholly owned, their STATUS should now be BELOW DL mainline employees on MAINLINE flights, just as DL employees should go below ASA employees on ASA flights. They are no longer wholly owned.

And you expect us to support you in your labor dispute with DAL management?
You don't have to do anything you don't want to, that's what makes this country so great!

I guess I could tell you in response "Now go and take your pay cut and quit your whining... I'll look real good in your 737 if you don't".
It wouldn't surprise me, there are plenty of folks waiting to fly a 737 for lesser pay, just ask d'angelo! Besides, I don't fly the 737 any more.

737 Pylt said:
That's where you're wrong....You see, your rjdc is constatnly using the ALPA web board to post their vitrol ad nauseum!!! And I have yet to see where they have had one post removed by your pal JB or DF!

Dan Ford is trying to fix what is wrong with ALPA - so our careers are not harmed by just the sort of activity going on at Mesaba and COEX. ALPA needs fixing, even you agree on that point. New ideas and dissent are how things get fixed - so arguing union business on a union board is appropriate use of those resources.

I don't even look at the ALPA board since a few Delta pilots (including a status rep) started sending me e-mail threats about IRS audits and the well being of my family while I was out of town. Given that the origin of these e-mails was easy to determine, the whole incident did not worry me too much. But, no one has time for personal attacks. ALPA is what needs repair and individuals are not the issue, the conduct of our union is the issue.

I have no desire to fly 737's, particularly your 737's. For starters, I earn more money where I am at right now. Second, if I was interested in 737's I would be knocking on Airtran's doors, not yours.

Latest resources

Back