Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WhatRUSmokinGL? said:
Dave,

Don't waste your time confusing him and genital leech with facts. They are just stupid, arrogant (my guess) or trolling to stir up arguments.

Here is the $64 question. If DALPA agrees to >70 seats, will these two finally leave and quit stirring things up?

No, I will continue to give my opinions forever. Get used to it dumba$$. Do like Dave Benjamin and put me on ignore if you don't like it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
No, I will continue to give my opinions forever. Get used to it dumba$$. Do like Dave Benjamin and put me on ignore if you don't like it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, Yes and Yes!!!!

Dave Benjamin said:
Before I go back to my rock maybe I can sell you a clue.
Sure you can afford it??

Hourly rates don't include bonuses and profit sharing. Nor do they take into account work rules or guarantees. Many of the ASA guys on this forum seem to want what SKYW has.

Hey whatever justification you have for taking concessions...I gues when concessions happen to your group, its called "bonuses and profit sharing." But when others do it, is easy to point the finger and place the blame.
Hello pot, meet kettle!

You also manage to ignore the fact that 50 seat pay at ASA is $3 less per hour than SKYW. Both airlines operate mostly 50 seaters. Another fact off the airlinepilotpay website you mentioned.

It is based off the most "senior equipment." (the pay rate that is)

ASA - Most junior CA hired in 2001
SKYW - Most junior CA hired in 2005

(is that on the prop or the rj?)

Both airlines need improvements to pay but to say SKYW pilots are holding ASA back is nothing but ignorance on your part. Of course you know what they say - ignorance is bliss.

I guess you're one happy guy.
Good luck with your TA.
Very happy, just fed up with your pals like CFIpieceofsh*T)! You guys take pot shots at the legacy pilots...Particularly DL....My guess, you tried and were unsuccessful at getting hired....I've seen it a thousand times, now you are basking in the fact that the lagacies are suffering....Hey, whatever makes you happy.
Good luck trying to improve your wages.

737 :

You continue to take pot shots at us. Many of us never "failed to get hired." I have been hired at every aviation job I've applied to and have turned down three opportunities in the last 14 months. Some of us have looked around and decided that with the pay rates you mainline guys have negotiated to try to take back flying, that we are better off making our measly $70K up to $130K a year with decent security than being furlough fodder at one of your coveted mainline jobs.

Now that some of us have decided that in fact we are professional pilots where we are at we have begun to fight to raise the profession. Unfotunately our most serious adversary on the path to improving our profession has been our union, which is pushed by guys like you to keep the pilots "who failed to get hired" below them.

Thank you for wishing us luck on our efforts to improve our wages - I know where that came from and it sure wasn't your heart.

When will you guys learn that we raise the profession together? Mainline equipment should pay much more than it does, but rather than focus on 767 rates, you spend more of your time worrying about 50 seat RJ rates.

~~~^~~~

~~~^~~~ said:
737 :

You continue to take pot shots at us.

That's a joke right?? Since when, in any of your posts have you not blamed your current situation, or lack ther of by taking pot shots at the DMEC?? I submit your "bait" thread on the pass privilege debacle!

Many of us never "failed to get hired." I have been hired at every aviation job I've applied to and have turned down three opportunities in the last 14 months. Some of us have looked around and decided that with the pay rates you mainline guys have negotiated to try to take back flying, that we are better off making our measly $70K up to $130K a year with decent security than being furlough fodder at one of your coveted mainline jobs.

Is that before of after you won your lawsuit??

Now that some of us have decided that in fact we are professional pilots where we are at we have begun to fight to raise the profession. Unfotunately our most serious adversary on the path to improving our profession has been our union, which is pushed by guys like you to keep the pilots "who failed to get hired" below them.
By fighting to raise the profession, do you mean "sue to get what isn't rightfully yours?""

Thank you for wishing us luck on our efforts to improve our wages - I know where that came from and it sure wasn't your heart.
You see that's where you're wrong....I don't wish any bad on ANY pilots in this industry (well maybe CFIT and Oh Please). I don't find joy in others' misfortunes. Unlike these guys. While I don't agree with your lawsuit, I don't wish you out of work, just out of the union when this thing is finally rejected!

When will you guys learn that we raise the profession together? Mainline equipment should pay much more than it does, but rather than focus on 767 rates, you spend more of your time worrying about 50 seat RJ rates.

~~~^~~~

How can we raise the profession together, when you gusy are constantly blaming every one of your problems on the evil DL pilots....I'll make a deal, I'll stop worrying about 50 seat rates if you stop blaming all your problems on the DMEC. If your problem is with ALPA national, I must say, I agree with you there, there needs to be changes. You see we (DL pilots) are not your enemies, much as you try to tell yourselves and everyone else!
Respectfully submitted,

737 Pylt said:
I'll make a deal, I'll stop worrying about 50 seat rates if you stop blaming all your problems on the DMEC. If your problem is with ALPA national, I must say, I agree with you there, there needs to be changes. You see we (DL pilots) are not your enemies, much as you try to tell yourselves and everyone else!
Respectfully submitted,

737- This is your big mistake. You do need to worry about 50 seat rates. 50 leads to 70, leads to 90 and so on. Currently, SkyWest pays 50 seat rates to 70 seat pilots. If 90 seaters arrive, OO will fly those for the same rate, and others in the regionals will follow suit. If you watch 50, 70, and 90 seat payscales stagnate, you will sign your own furlough notice. 50 seaters have a tough time replacing a 73. 70 and 90 seaters can do this easily. You should be keeping your eye on 50 seat rates. What happens to the regionals does not occur in a vacuum. Pilots on all levels have their fate tied to one another, for better or worse.

Pilots a couple of generations ago did wonders for the profession, and made it a great career. Most pilots that are currently in their twilight years have dropped the ball horribly, and through selfishness, have hastened the destruction of the profession. It remains to be seen if those of us left can do anything to salvage what remains. If anything positive is to occur, it will only be through unity and selflessness. Regional pilots need to pull for mainline, and those fortunate enough to be at mainline need to support their regional brethren. Infighting and apathy are not our allies....

Last edited:
737 Pylt said:
I submit your "bait" thread on the pass privilege debacle!
The recap was in the Roar from 44, which is a DAL LEC 44 publication funded with ALPA money. Can you get me a link to the Roar and I will post the exact quotes.

rtmcfi said:
737- This is your big mistake. You do need to worry about 50 seat rates. 50 leads to 70, leads to 90 and so on. Currently, SkyWest pays 50 seat rates to 70 seat pilots. If 90 seaters arrive, OO will fly those for the same rate, and others in the regionals Will follow suit. If you watch 50, 70, and 90 seat payscales stagnate, you will sign your own furlough notice. 50 seaters have a tough time replacing a 73. 70 and 90 seaters can do this easily. You should be keeping your eye on 50 seat rates. What happens to the regionals does not occur in a vacuum. Pilots on all levels have their fate tied to one another, for better or worse.

Pilots a couple of generations ago did wonders for the profession, and made it a great career. Most pilots that are currently in their twilight years have dropped the ball horribly, and through selfishness, have hastened the destruction of the profession. It remains to be seen if those of us left can do anything to salvage what remains. If anything positive is to occur, it will only be through unity and selflessness. Regional pilots need to pull for mainline, and those fortunate enough to be at mainline need to support their regional brethren. Infighting and apathy are not our allies....

You get it...... Why do so few others?

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

And I'll continue to give mine as well MUNCH!!!!

Get used to it breath.

Don't like it? Ignore me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And if this isn't frigging (and yes, that's allowed) poetic justice? Guess what? YOU also get 2 days in the PB just like your friend General Lee- and for the same offense. I've called ahead and had the warden give you two adjoining cells so that you can chat. True Irony. You gotta love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
~~~^~~~ said:
The recap was in the Roar from 44, which is a DAL LEC 44 publication funded with ALPA money. Can you get me a link to the Roar and I will post the exact quotes.

I'm not a member of council 44...I find it ironic that you printed it, and you can't seem to back it up. Typical, just more lies from you.
I can submit this however...

~~~^~~~ said:
As many of you know, Delta, in particular our friends at LEC44 have been trying to wrestle pass benefits away from ASA employees. However, I think Delta's greed may have shifted the table.

Delta offered to renew my pass benefits for one year in exchange for $50, which I just paid. Sounds like an offer, an acceptance, for a legal purpose, amongst capable parties with valuable consideration exchanged - in other words a binding contract. Better yet, Delta is in bankputcy and this contract was negotiated after the petition.

Account Activation Confirmation PPR Number: 70XXXXXAll flight benefits are activated from 03/XX/06 until 03/XX/07.
Your account activation confirmation number is #00XXXXXXXX. Total Amount: USD 50.00Print this receipt for your records.

Oh you can bet I will save that reciept - General, don't worry, you can still bump me, that is, unless I'm using my S2's.
And of course your retract, if thats what you want to call it:

~~~^~~~ said:
Well my bait caught 737 Pilot. But it is true, do you read the "Roar from 44?" They have published arguements in favor of taking pass benefits from ASA pilots, not just on mainline, but on ASA too. This publication is produced with contingency funds if I am not mistaken - in other words - a portion of my ALPA dues goes to publish another MEC's political arguements to take away my benefits - thanks ALPA.

Very few ASA employees are senior to anyone at Delta anyway, so the S3C matter is really a distinction without much of a difference. If we had priority on ASA flights, it probably would be an overall benefit to ASA employees - but the Delta guys would really get screwed, in particular those who commute.

Fins:
Roar 44 has a section in the back of their publication where pilots can post gripes, and there have been numerous "gripes" about ASA now going below DL employees on DL aircraft. I don't see what the issue is, you are NO longer a wholly owned subsidiary!

Latest resources

Back