• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Daz attempts to acquire ABX AIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P.S. just posted a proffer for 11 more 767 crews. Three classes added. 4 in July 4 in Aug and I think 3 in Sept. That Asian base is going to be huge......
wow, I just saw that.Those 76 classes just keep coming. Anybody know if they'll be going to the UAL sim in DEN?

Sure is a lot of "what iff'in" goin' on over an expression of intent to purchase........

No sense starting border wars when the borders haven't even been established yet.

Sure is a lot of "what iff'in" goin' on over an expression of intent to purchase........

No sense starting border wars when the borders haven't even been established yet.

but if we do not bicker amongst ourselves what are we supposed to do. Its not like we are flying a day sort like UPS and FEDEX. We got all this time on our hands and nothing to do. You know the saying about idle hands..........

We all know that DHL will have to join the express way of doing things. UPS and FEDEX figured it out and now it is Yellows turn. One airline, one pilot group = control over your assets to deliver one-time to the customer. Remember them they are the ones paying $20 to ship a letter overnight so that it will be delivered by 1000am. Express it is the way the US works. The EU is OK with next week, us Yanks want it here yesterday but we will accept it by 1000 the next day. I was hoping that DHL would just copy the other big 2. If Airborne would have done this there would have been no buyout and true competition in the express industry. One Express Co. = Monopoly, 2 Express Co. = duopoly (sp) 3 Express Co. = COMPETITION. A single airline will happen for DHL in the US, it just is a matter of time.:beer:

Last edited:
You don't think he would really have the pair to say NO do you?

I don't know much about The Daz but he is an accomplished business man. I can't see him dumping the much higher yielding charter business in favor of lower yield DHL work.

I do think that a lot more 767s will go into DHL system if this thing goes through but I don't think that they'd dump the high-yield charters. I think that they'll do, and grow, both.

wow, I just saw that.Those 76 classes just keep coming. Anybody know if they'll be going to the UAL sim in DEN?

I was talking to someone in the current class just yesterday. Instructors from DEN are currently in ILN training a couple of our crews in the sim under supervision as part of the process by which they will be approved to train our guys in the DEN sim. The plan is for everyone to do ground school in ILN then some of the class will do sim in ILN and some in DEN. Looks like this will double their ability to train 767 crews.

What? Why the heck not?

There was a dispute between the DEN and DTW FSDOs regarding what the DEN instructors would have to do to become qualified to teach our program to our guys. That's now been resolved and the DEN instructors are in ILN getting qualified. They will be teaching our guys in the DEN sim soon. Probably starting with the July class.

so, it's July the 2nd at 5:30 pm., has ABX replied to ASTAR as asked in the intent letter? Or will it a be a wait a few weeks until we see how much we are really worth stand off? Anybody read anything on this?

Latest resources

Back