• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Daz attempts to acquire ABX AIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. DHL is now AStar; about to also become ABX. The only truly wild card is the ANA element. I sincerely hope that ANA along with accountant Hete and his entourage disappears after the merger - after all, they do take so very much from the esteemed and venerated shareholder in salary and options. If an ANA component is required we could perhaps export ABX senior management types to Japan as a token to redress the trade imbalance? More Sake/Raw fish Joe/Bob(s)/Mike? ARRRRR SOOOOOOO!

Last edited:
I agree. DHL is now AStar; about to also become ABX. The only truly wild card is the ANA element. I sincerely hope that ANA along with accountant Hete and his entourage disappears after the merger - after all, they do take so very much from the esteemed and venerated shareholder in salary and options. If an ANA component is required we could perhaps export ABX senior management types to Japan as a token to redress the trade imbalance? More Sake/Raw fish Joe/Bob(s)/Mike? ARRRRR SOOOOOOO!

just curious...why do you think this is such a done deal? If the price is not right, the stockholders will vote saying blow off. Also, how do you think this works out well for ABX crews if the price does get more realistic? I mean there is a no furlough clause that has the ASTAR pilot pool stacked.

I'm lost on how it's a good thing for ABX. I know why it's good for DHL, ASTAR and possibly the stockholders. But ABX??? please explain.

Last edited:
No, it isn't a done deal: but lift, Shooter, lift . And I (and others) will vote to strike and very happily wipe out ABX before accepting a 23 day + sequence in Asia. There are limits to how far our grey accountant / CEO can run with this ANA aberration.

Hete is currently pursuing this ANA thing on non-standard lines yet the crews still aren't smiling. Best for the shareholders to go with DHL and ditch Hete and his tribe of brown nosing monkeys. Hete isn't ABX, the shareholders are - and they certainly aren't obligated to give day dream believer Hete 767s with which to pursue a warped Asian adventure. Bye Joe et al and AMF to all ABX management monkeys - go buy your own lift and start your own company with which to whore yourselves out to the Japs. Just remember: if the Japs like you they behead you last.

Last edited:
??

No, it isn't a done deal: but lift, Shooter, lift . And I (and others) will vote to strike and very happily wipe out ABX before accepting a 23 day + sequence in Asia. There are limits to how far our grey accountant / CEO can run with this ANA aberration.

Hete is currently pursuing this ANA thing on non-standard lines yet the crews still aren't smiling. Best for the shareholders to go with DHL and ditch Hete and his tribe of brown nosing monkeys. Hete isn't ABX, the shareholders are - and they certainly aren't obligated to give day dream believer Hete 767s with which to pursue a warped Asian adventure. Bye Joe et al and AMF to all ABX management monkeys - go buy your own lift and start your own company with which to whore yourselves out to the Japs. Just remember: if the Japs like you they behead you last.

Dear Heavy,
Why so angry? If you do not wish to fly ANA then do not bid it. You will probably never see it on your schedule once the details are worked out and the extra pay is agreed upon. I just finished International ground school and the majority of my classmates seemed enthusiatic about the Asian flying. We must remember it (ANA) is the only new flying we have received since the integration. I'm sure that this new international work will not allow you to sleep in your own bed every night, but that was never promised to begin with. That said, if you wish to fly only DHL hub turns, I wish you luck. I personally would like other options just in case the yellow (golden) goose has any more troubles working out their US express business plan.

As far as the stockholders, how could you possibly suggest that it is in their best interests to accept the very modest (1.75%) profit promised in our inferior DHL ACMI verses the more substantial (8-10+%) returns gained from our new ACMI agreement with ANA. That simply would not make sense. Their goal is to make money, the more the better. Capitalism, remember?

Just curious, why do the ABX guys seem to think that *if* the sale of ABX goes through to Astar, why wouldn't Astar acquire the ANA flying that goes with it?

Question. How will Hete fly ANA without an Ops Cert. Do you believe Astar would buy ABX and not take the Ops Cert. with the CAT II / III and the 767 on it. That alone is worth $7.00 of the offer price alone. I do believe Joe will try to hold onto ANA just not sure how yet. I am sure that it will all become clear, just takes time.

What Mildenberg doesn't understand.......DHL will not allow anyone else to buy. Why, because they will terminate the ACMI leaving nothing. I dont think he understands the driving force behind this.
It doesn't sound like Hete is that interested in DHL's business to begin with. Threatening to terminate a poorly-compensated ACMI contract may not be a "threat" at all...it may be a "release" that allows him to pursue more lucrative business in Asia.

Both the ABX and Astar pilot groups are under a lot of pressure lately, worried about the prospect of having 2 pilots groups bidding against each other to do what is essentially 1 job. I think we tend to forget that the CEO's of our respective companies may be feeling similar pressure, and for the same reasons.

The recent exodus of Astar guys in recent months seems to be their way of saying, "$crew you, and $crew DHL. If I can find work somewhere else...anywhere else...I'll take it!"

By his pursuit of this Asian deal, maybe that's what Joe Hete is saying to DHL. If so, I wish him and the pilots of ABX success.

no i'm not. why would that be considered a "joke"?

And just exactly how long do you think it would take for the entity you and I both know are really calling the shots (regardless of ownership percentages or DOJ rulings) to say uuuuuummmmmmmm Daz, we need ALL the 767's flying for us in yellow paint.

You don't think he would really have the pair to say NO do you?

Latest resources

Back