Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The damning attitude of the 65% group at Skywest thats hurting the industry....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taken from a recent post made by a guy we will call Jake from Skywest Airlines:

"I'm going to stick my neck out, and some of you aint going to like it...

-I feel fairly compensated.

-I FEEL FAIRLY COMPENSATED!

There, I said it. Wow, that feels good.

Now, would I like a pay increase? Absolutely.

Do I think it is high time we get a significant increase for the guys that have been at the 16 yr scale for the a last five years? Absolutely.

But honestly, for what I do, I feel like what I get in return is fair. Now, this kind of goes back to my previous post regarding the unmeasured benefits of the job.

Chip said something that I really agree with, and I think is important to remember. He said that he doesn't want to run out a fix the pay issue, without addressing the morale issue as well. Think about it, we all get another $10/hr, and nothing else changes. The slackers still slack, the kool-aid drinkers still like the kool-aid, and some of us are still feeling the pressure from our unionized "brothers and sisters". It is attitude and perspective that needs to change, then,the pay.

Then, as we continue to be sucessful, and SkyWest continues year after year after year to flourish, and the jets get shinier and bigger, the pay creeps up. And we own the city. When we own the city, we are the city counsel, and we set the pay standard. But now we compete and we do it together.

One more question to discuss:

Will Southwest Airlines be able to sustain their current pilot pay structure indefinitely?

Jake"

This can't be for real, can it??

P.S. If it is...someone needs to knock the Kool-aid pitcher out of his hands!

Last edited:
P.S. If it is...someone needs to knock the Kool-aid pitcher out of his hands!

Remind me again why someone who just goes to work and is happy must be drinking the kool-aid? Are pilots not allowed to enjoy this career anymore?

And its unfair to assume this is the attitude of all of us who voted ALPA down. I've read that "city counsel" paragraph about 100 times myself, and I cant make any sense of it either. But do I want a pay raise? Do I want to see Zoltar, long call reserve, better new hire pay at Skywest? Definitely. Do I think ALPA is the most effective way to accomplish these goals? No, I honestly dont.

Drivel
So what the guy enjoys his job.
SKW is doing well, good for them.

Yep.

Whatever happens to Skywest pilots in the future, they asked for it..............3 times.

eagle, werent you just whining about how bad alpa is in the majors section? More specifically:

"Unfortunately the only way is to quit.

Due to the corruption within ALPA and their extortionist tactics, that's your only option.

Sorry."

Maybe I was taking this out of context?

Oh Well...

I would like to know how many of these guys are getting hired at ALPA majors. The big guys DO pay attention to these toolbags. I hate to see the whole group held accountable, but you know they will be......

There is never any shortage of people in this industry who are ready and willing to screw their fellow pilots-just ask Skynation!

I would like to know how many of these guys are getting hired at ALPA majors. The big guys DO pay attention to these toolbags. I hate to see the whole group held accountable, but you know they will be......

There is never any shortage of people in this industry who are ready and willing to screw their fellow pilots-just ask Skynation!

If you looked in to any of the garbage that you spew out of you fecal hole, you would know that Skywest pilots are being hired at a rate of 20+ per month by every legacy carrier out there. You are wishing for something that is just not ever going to happen. DEAL!

I'd sure love to write something eloquent and convincing in response to several things on this thread, but I've tried that many times now and it seems that people are just going to be immature no matter what...I have a couple thoughts though. One, this jumpseat thing is stupid and asinine. You will deny someone because they didn't vote for a bargaining representative? You say they didn't help "you." How would the group voting yes helped specifically "you" anyway? Would it add more money to the ALPA lobbying budget? Yes...would that make you happier at work? Raised your pay immediately? Given your wife/girlfriend bigger boobs? No it wouldn't. It's over, let it go. Enjoy your job, if you can and work to make your company better.

What was the original poster trying to say anyway? I too have read that city-council thing a bunch of times and I have no clue.

Latest resources

Back