• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Costa Citationair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are in the process of reinventing our selves in a tough market. The meeting in the office last Friday to the Dispatchers, Schedulers and others was actually kinda positive, so I heard. Apparently, the Board of Directors at Textron and the CEO at Cessna are exited about the vision they have in mind for us. Unfortunately there will be a reduction in pilots and for that the situation sucks. I don't believe it's all the doom and gloom you read on these forums from lets face it, people that have no clue. Until I'm told from our CEO him self that we're going out of business, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

As for the Union debate, I'll just keep my opinion to my self.

We are in the process of reinventing our selves in a tough market. The meeting in the office last Friday to the Dispatchers, Schedulers and others was actually kinda positive, so I heard. Apparently, the Board of Directors at Textron and the CEO at Cessna are exited about the vision they have in mind for us. Unfortunately there will be a reduction in pilots and for that the situation sucks. I don't believe it's all the doom and gloom you read on these forums from lets face it, people that have no clue. Until I'm told from our CEO him self that we're going out of business, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Just an FYI..laying off a huge chunk of pilots IS doom and gloom......Maybe not to you since you apparently get to keep your job, but it is to those who have families to feed. Especially since there is NO furlough protection. Even IF CS was to do well in their aircraft management plan, who is to say that those layed off will be allowed to come back if they so choose?

We had a bunch of retards at NJA who felt the need to put furloughees in their place with "paying your dues" rhetoric concerning the furlough. It didn't sit well, and still doesn't. Those idiots have not been forgotten concerning what they said.

Keep it in mind

Bent you have that right Frac gets to keep his job!!!! He has pipe dreams about this place!!!! Jeez he doesn't get it

Well good for them - my termination letter this morning wasn't very positive. In my twenty five years of flying I have never seen a more poorly run company. I feel horrible for my fellow furloughees who only months ago left good jobs to come back to this joke. At least we can finally put this place in our rear view mirror.

Most of the guys I have spoken with the last few weeks see the writing on the wall. For the others - I think you will. Cross your fingers if that makes you feel better, but I would start dusting off that resume. I'm sure Textron and Cessna are very excited about their vision for CA, but I don't think you will be...

Well good for them - my termination letter this morning wasn't very positive. In my twenty five years of flying I have never seen a more poorly run company. I feel horrible for my fellow furloughees who only months ago left good jobs to come back to this joke. At least we can finally put this place in our rear view mirror.

Most of the guys I have spoken with the last few weeks see the writing on the wall. For the others - I think you will. Cross your fingers if that makes you feel better, but I would start dusting off that resume. I'm sure Textron and Cessna are very excited about their vision for CA, but I don't think you will be...

I am truly sorry for your Termination letter. I'm sick to my stomach over this situation and feel for my friends who are affected. I'm through posting on this site. It just becomes a pissing match and it's not worth my time anymore.

I am truly sorry for your Termination letter. I'm sick to my stomach over this situation and feel for my friends who are affected. I'm through posting on this site. It just becomes a pissing match and it's not worth my time anymore.

Just remember how you are to your fellow CA pilots when you need them for a recommendation. I had captains at my last job like YOU who I "forgot" to recommend because of the same crap you are pulling.

If I were BO, I would have done my best to identify those that voted for it and furloughed them first. They earned it.

It's hard to imagine that in this age of easily accessible information someone could be so utterly ignorant of the law. What you suggest would be highly illegal, and would result in those furloughed in the manner that you suggest becoming wealthy individuals at Textron's expense.

How I wish you guys would keep that anger and pro/anti union BS to yourselves. Why don't you guys send privte messages to each other and figure it out that way?

Most of us come to this site to talk about airplanes and aviation, and many of us don't want hear that $**t...

Some of you guys scare away passive people that just want to talk airplanes.

Last edited:
How I wish you guys would keep that anger and pro/anti union BS to yourselves. Why don't you guys send privte messages to each other and figure it out that way?

Most of us come to this site to talk about airplanes and aviation, and many of us don't want hear that $**t...

Some of you guys scare away passive people that just want to talk airplanes.

Agree 100%...

Thanks - I hope I am wrong about this place, I truly do. Lots of good pilots here giving it their best, but that just isn't enough to overcome such incompetent management.

PS - they want everything with the CA logo back this time, even the Members Only preflight jackets, business cards, etc... I think that is pretty telling...

Latest resources

Back