The Boeing 737 vs. the Airbus A320

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The one that pays the most.

THERE IS NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG.

Yeah, I've flown both and I much prefer the 'Bus. Sidesticks are great!

And please FADEC, have some pride and keep her to 120 lbs OK?

And, while I'll admit 700 on the HUD is impressive, it's nice to know we can go to CAT IIIB 300 RVR with the Autoland.

The bottom line is that personally, I like the simplified systems on the 'Bus over those on the 737. "Lazy man's airplane"? Maybe, but it IS nice.

My only complaint on the 737 is we need more room. I already have a bad back so when putting my bags in and out of the cockpit I have to be very careful. I would be very nice to be able to stand up with out hitting my head so I could stretch my legs on trans cons or ANC. Other then that I really enjoy the 737

I can say this I have flown the 737/300 for 9 years and I have flown the Airbus 319/320/321 for 8 years and I can say they both are great planes and do a great job but if I had to choose one it would be the Airbus. The Airbus has a big cockpit ,great seats its much quiter than the 737 has a great AC system great visability easy to land and the passengers like it because it has more room than a Boeing. The 737 is more fun to hand fly than the Airbus because you feel the plane unlike the Airbus which is like flying your flight sim on your computer it has no feel just point and go and the Boeing is easier to land in a strong gusty wind than the Airbus.All in all the Airbus has my choice but I wouldnt turn a job down if they only had 737s

If i want comfort i'll call in sick and sit in my living room. If i want to fly a flight sim and point and shoot I'll go buy a microsoft flight sim.

I love to fly airplanes, I'm sticking with the 737 as long as I have the option. My favorite airplane of all time is the -15 200, perfectly balanced, perfect feel, just butter in your hands.

Last edited:
I love to fly airplanes, I'm sticking with the 737 as long as I have the option. My favorite airplane of all time is the -15 200, perfectly balanced, perfect feel, just butter in your hands.

You are right about the older 737's our -300's are old but they the best flying ones we have.

The 737 is a great flying machine. No doubt about it. I have never flown the 319/20/21 series but it seems like a much more pilot friendly airplane with a very quiet and spacious flight deck. I am flying the -800 and the cockpit is very small and loud. It also seems the automation on the bus is light years ahead of the boeing 737 series aircraft.

I was told the 737NG was originally designed to resemble the 777 flight deck, but this would require a different type rating than the original -100/200/EFIS type. Southwest was not very happy about this and managed to "talk" Boeing into changing the cockpit layout.

The NG panel resembles the 777 until you look at the over head panel. You go 30 years back in time when you look up!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back