The Big FLOPS now 100% RAYTHEON Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Voice Of Reason said:
It was always my understanding that once the union came in (whether to be called for or which) the pay could not be changed AT ALL until there was a contract... That's why so many companies have pulled this crap in the past and try to blame their alleged attempts at sudden raises on the union "not letting them"...

Yeah, I know that was your understanding... which is why I said know your facts before you spout stuff like that off. You are incorrect in that understanding.

How do I know? Because the Union drive leaders when they were forming this drive had that very question at the top of their mind (like any organizing force would do - it is an easy thing to assume the company would blame the union on not being able to provide a raise, it is a classic union busting tactic that works for the misinformed employees) addressed that very issue about a year ago and found out from the BEST Union lawyers in the country (the same ones that sued the pants off of Raytheon and forced them to settle for uber amounts of $ for the 5 RTA pilots that got fired) and got a $2000/hr lawyer answer to that very question.

You saying you know more than they do about the RLA? Now, as I originally said, that doesn't mean Raytheon wouldn't try it - and why I also said if they do, our lawyers will be waiting to file suit over it.

To answer YOUR questions, no, I don't think Raytheon DOES plan on spending 1 dime on this pilot group unless forced - that's why the Union has my card.

p.s. If you are an Options pilot you should have gotten the latest Blackberry anti-union letter from Bob Tyler where he did mention the "better compensation package" that will soon be announced... the same letter that threw conflicting information and more FUD about "possibly" returning Tier 3 domicles "if pilots can get to their airports by 10 am".

Just the FACTS, m'am. - Sgt. Friday

Last edited:
Funny

hammer2 said:
mispelled
:smash:

I think it is obvious that it was a typo on my part, but as a man of only one word, I'd think that you could do better than the above in your attempt at calling me on it. :D

Again....

XPGuy said:
p.s. If you are an Options pilot you should have gotten the latest Blackberry anti-union letter from Bob Tyler where he did mention the "better compensation package" that will soon be announced... the same letter that threw conflicting information and more FUD about "possibly" returning Tier 3 domicles "if pilots can get to their airports by 10 am".

I rec'd nothing of the sort. If you are referring to the one dated 12-30-05 from RF with the "Update," it was worded (EXACTLY):

"PS – this is a late breaking addition direct from (B.T.)
We’ve made considerable progress in developing our new comprehensive pay, domicile, and quality of life plan for all crewmembers. More work needs to be done. Our guiding aim is to provide each of you compensation comparable to others in our business while remaining true to our business plan. Additionally, we must assure we’ll have a secure place to work both now and for years to come. We intend to announce the Flight Operations’ plan no later than Tuesday, January 31, 2006. Thanks again for your many suggestions and your continued support."

In NO place did it say "better" or the WHO in reference to "others in our business."
So where is the memo I missed?

Yeah, he's behind.

Jan. 7th anti-union letter from Bob Tyler

E-mail Titled: (no title... that Master's in communications he holds showing through)

Attached letter, dated January 4th titled: "Comm to Flight Options"

In it, it said:

"I think a number of pilots left in 2005 not only to seek other flying opportunities but because they were concerned about their future here. I’m extremely hopeful when our crewmembers see our changes to pay, domiciles, and benefits by the end of this month, they’ll stay. We’ve worked hard to find a balance between what you deserve and staying true to our business plan. I can’t wait to share the future changes with you."

So, I think we can put that to bed - it's semantic anyway.

Look, i'm not attacking you. I do however find this vote extremely important, and just want to make sure that people know the facts and understand appropriately what is on the table, and what will happen should the vote pass or fail for us Flight Options pilots. That's all. Thanks.

Voice of Treason

If your posts intent is to help us get a positive vote please stop. Your misinformation will only hurt the vote drive. If you truly care you will stop with the misinformation attacks. Otherwise you are just a misinformed management plant or a misinformed line pilot. Nonetheless you are just plain misinformed. Do yourself and the rest of us a favor and go to http://www.ibt1108.org
and educate yourself on what a union really is and the pros and cons and quit spewing uneducated redorick here. My fear is that a fence sitter or even a curious pilot thinking of getting on the fence might read your posts and be turned away. If you "really" do care about the drive and are a union supporter you would do these things. However if you are just a company shmuck you will be retaliating to my post I'm sure.

XPGuy said:
Yeah, he's behind.

Jan. 7th anti-union letter from Bob Tyler

E-mail Titled: (no title... that Master's in communications he holds showing through)

Attached letter, dated January 4th titled: "Comm to Flight Options"

In it, it said:

"I think a number of pilots left in 2005 not only to seek other flying opportunities but because they were concerned about their future here. I’m extremely hopeful when our crewmembers see our changes to pay, domiciles, and benefits by the end of this month, they’ll stay. We’ve worked hard to find a balance between what you deserve and staying true to our business plan. I can’t wait to share the future changes with you."

So, I think we can put that to bed - it's semantic anyway.

Look, i'm not attacking you. I do however find this vote extremely important, and just want to make sure that people know the facts and understand appropriately what is on the table, and what will happen should the vote pass or fail for us Flight Options pilots. That's all. Thanks.

I'm behind???? It was an email dated just the one day prior, and it was sent in the now usual form of sending to the BB as an ATTACHED doc.
XP, call me blind but I am STILL not seeing where it says BETTER compensation package, just "changes." Am I going to be the only one not surprised when 1-31 rolls around????

THAT needs to stop as well (BB memos as attachments)...Since when do BB emails suddenly have to come as attached docs, rather than cut and pasted off their doc onto a regular email. Anyone who has opened this doc on your computer, go ahead and run Adaware on it. I ran Adaware RIGHT before opening that doc, cleared everything, then opened the doc, THEN ran it again. SEVEN new CRITICAL objects and a number of tracking cookies, JUST from doing that. Anyone else get that?
Maybe IBT needs to get their IT dept involved in seeing what Flops is up to.

I see now that maint is now back to Flops...Anyone want to be that Flops is about to be "merged" with Flex in the same way the RTA / Flops was? Another way to delay the union I presume.

As for Choppengruven...WTF are you BABBLING about? If you don't want to read my posts and just babble nonsense, do yourself a favor and block me...It's easier to NOT read that way and spout off crazy cr@p.

Voice Of Reason said:
Thanks for helping make my point....

ANYWAY...all I am saying (condensed version) is that once this union is voted in officially, and the organizers make themselves known to everyone, I hope that everyone makes sure that the representation isn't "lopsided" and put solid people in Officer positions, AND most importantly, the NEGOTIATING TEAM. That's all...nothing sinister...

That is assuming you have solid people to take those positions.... After reading your openings rant, fueled by tequila I hope. I'm not sure there are anyone there to do that gig....... It is up to you at FLOPS, not NJA to get a good deal....

Most of us at NJA don't care.....

The Winner of This Year's Darwin Award goes to...CHOPPENGRUVEN

choppengruven said:
However if you are just a company shmuck you will be retaliating to my post I'm sure.

Choppengruven, you are seriously a piece of work. The only crazy rhetoric is your ridiculous "outing" of yourself, because either you have run your unprofessional mouth to the wrong person, or you truly believe your dellusions about me being mgt...OR you want a free welfare ride from dues paying union members, because you WANT to get fired, and are under the impression you'll live large since you put your name out there. If anyone if being counter-productive, it is YOU, trying to turn it into the Choppengruven Show, while the people who are REALLY doing the work and ORGANIZING the union aren't half-witted enough to make themselves public at this juncture.
THEY are the "heros" NOT YOU, so stop with the drama, and quit making unprofessional posts all over the place. THAT will get you fired, not union activity, motormouth.
Go to AA where your dramatic, narcissistic speeches will be appreciated. (and I don't mean American Airlines)

Last edited:
Emails

Did anyone else run adaware after opening the email doc from BT on the 7th?

Also, check your spam folders for whatever email you gave IBT, because that's where mine was... You can input their website in your mail controls so it doesn't get blocked ...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back