• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Best Plane for 10M.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a great airplane to take a big group to Hawaii (or anytime for that matter) .... if you were CRAZY!!

Challenger or Falcon 50 are the ONLY airplanes that will fit this bill for under $10 million if you are unwilling to look at GIII.

The G200 is too pax limited in strong winds.

That is what I thought too. I think we really need to increase the budget by 5M to 15M. Is that a more realistic number?

For Hawaii? Yes, I think 15M is a more realistic number.

When you say a "big group", what do you mean? Is 9 seats not enough?

That is what I thought too. I think we really need to increase the budget by 5M to 15M. Is that a more realistic number?

You can get a CL-601 in the $10 million range but the MX is pretty heavy and operating costs are expensive.

You cannot go wrong with the 50 unless the cabin is too small for your group. Why not a G-III. It is still a great airplane.

With a little effort you could find a nice DA-50, do the Proline 21 upgrade, and do the paint and interior and come in right around $10 million give or take. It would be a hard act to follow.

How many passenger seats can you comfortably stuff into a Falcon 50 or a 601? Are either aircraft suitable for shorter trips of say 1000-1200NM? I am assuming that the hourly cost of operation would be in the $4-5000.00 range? I don't think my company has the means for such an aircraft, but one of the partners is asking me what is available to haul more than 8-9 pax at a time.

$4-5K an hour .... for charter. If you want to look at straight DOC's then between 1800-$2200 hour depending on who you ask.

8 pax into a 601 and 6 or so into a 50 (comfortably).

How many passenger seats can you comfortably stuff into a Falcon 50 or a 601? Are either aircraft suitable for shorter trips of say 1000-1200NM? I am assuming that the hourly cost of operation would be in the $4-5000.00 range? I don't think my company has the means for such an aircraft, but one of the partners is asking me what is available to haul more than 8-9 pax at a time.

Most 50's are set up for 9 pax max and even then, it's a tight fit. It's certified for more, but you'd need a hight-density seating config installed.

You'll find most Challenger's are set up for 9 to 12 pax. And since it's a wide-body, if you carry that many from time to time on shorter trips, it's more than doable.

Have fun.

Most 50's are set up for 9 pax max and even then, it's a tight fit. It's certified for more, but you'd need a hight-density seating config installed.

You'll find most Challenger's are set up for 9 to 12 pax. And since it's a wide-body, if you carry that many from time to time on shorter trips, it's more than doable.

Have fun.

The reason for bringing on a second airplane is one that can do the long trips (Hawaii), and more people. Right now our 'light jet' we almost always fly seats full (7) and at least a few trips a month we use the potty seat(8). The 12 pax interior of the 601 is what we are looking at.

In the past we have demoed a Legacy 600, but the cost for the owner at the time was enough that he would put it on a 135 certificate in another state. (of course it was the sales man who told him he could make good money doing it. It would fly atleast a 100 hrs a month according to him.) Lucky he did not go through with it. We want something that we do 100% on 91, and not be sunk by mx. We have always bought new which is also another factor we are concerned about.

Lets talk about real cost of the 601 and is its mx? Also how much does the a Proline upgrade cost?

Latest resources

Back