The Amazing Kreskin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From Dr. Cy Kotic,

This will allow a majority of us to hopefully have a second life in the fractional industry. I believe the company has miscalculated the feelings of the most senior members of the pilot force. Many of us witnessed the the start-up of NJI and we still feel betrayed. [/QUOTE said:
I can hear the first question in the FlexJet/Options/CS interview:

So, were you one of the guys that STFD?

Good luck in that interview, I am sure they are looking forward to hiring ALL of the NJA pilots!

The Truth Hurts

TTC

Hawkered said:
Nah..no way! Not time to be crying in your beer now, I think we're just about to see some pretty big smiles!

My prediction is a full resolve by months end. New orders confirmed by company and hiring plans published by October 15th and full ratification by end of October '05.

Hawkered, I hope and pray that is The Truth! I know guys say STFD but I truly believe they are not ready for that. Too many car/mortgage/alimony payments yet to be made and I don't believe you guys are ready to walk away from this company. I also don't believe there are any pilots out there that are ready to start at the bottom of yet ANOTHER seniority list and most likely with a regional carrier. From what I can read, working for a regional isn't any better with the exception of jumpseat(?) privilages but I bet that doesn't put food on the table.

The Truth Hurts

TTC

gunfyter said:
Thats why I need this to get done now. One way or the other.

EVERYONE needs this to be done now. It serves no good purpose for this to continue to drag on. Somehow the bridges need to be mended between the company and the pilot group and we need to regain the CONFIDENCE of our passengers. When they sit at an airport for HOURS only to hear that the last three crews either called in fatigued or yet another airplane broke, they won't stay around long.

I TRULY mean good luck in your new job should you choose to take it. I am not vindictive and have shown no emotion on this board, just the TRUTH. Some can't handle the truth, some don't believe the truth but it is right there in front of those looking for it.

The Truth Hurts

TTC

If you leave now, you"ll never forgive yourself! In two years from now you'll be talking to newhires who simply won't believe what you had to go through to make this place so good to work for.

As for the passengers, we'll survive for a short time longer on default that the airline service is so poor, but we won't be forgiven for screwing up their holidays. Union knows that-so does company.

That's why the mantra has been so unified at corporate and worker level..

Git 'r Done!!

And it is about to be so!

Last edited:
Hawkered said:
If you leave now, you"ll never forgive yourself! In two years from now you'll be talking to newhires who simply won't believe what you had to go through to make this place so good to work for...

And it is about to be so!
I hope you're right...

To all that say NetJets is finished in the event of a strike, do you really think Uncle Warren is going to let his invetsment get flushed? I do not think so. Once he gets the teamsters off the property, he will fire the management team and hire replacements.

Check his track record. I worked for a company he owned and we got rid of several unions while I was there. The tactics varied, but the results didn't. Buffett is smart enough to know that having a union is a disaster and that the management team that got it in place needs to go once the union is handled.

Otherwise, in my opinion, Warren would have already put an agreement in place that the union found acceptable. I could be wrong, but if history is any predictor, I would expect to go on strike and get replaced.

Latest resources

Back