• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"The 27" at Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take a look at the RAH contract, IBT. You are what you make of it.

Take a look at the 1500 open grievances at Republic. Didn't Republic upgrade pilots out of seniority? What did the IBT do about it? They made the company promise to not do it again. The company never did pay for that. The IBT is worthless. I've been represented by both, and IMHO, ALPA is better. ALPA sucks too, don't get me wrong, but it is better than the IBT

Take a look at the 1500 open grievances at Republic. Didn't Republic upgrade pilots out of seniority? What did the IBT do about it? They made the company promise to not do it again. The company never did pay for that. The IBT is worthless. I've been represented by both, and IMHO, ALPA is better. ALPA sucks too, don't get me wrong, but it is better than the IBT

I spot on agree with you 110% I've been represented by both and it's night and day!

Take a look at the Horizon Air contract. IBT.

Yes, take a look at it. The work rules suck compared to recent ALPA regional agreements.

Yes, take a look at it. The work rules suck compared to recent ALPA regional agreements.
You just can't admit that another carrier has a decent agreement without the aide of ALPA, can you?

You just can't admit that another carrier has a decent agreement without the aide of ALPA, can you?
PFT_128, the Official Fluffer of ALPA.

A broken clock is shows the correct time twice a day. What is your point? Non union, or non ALPA companies do occaissionally have a good contract. It most often has to do with better management with a more realistic approach to compensation. That is exactly what Colgan DOES NOT HAVE. Thus the requirement of a union.

Now go suck off your CEO.

A broken clock is shows the correct time twice a day. What is your point? Non union, or non ALPA companies do occaissionally have a good contract. It most often has to do with better management with a more realistic approach to compensation. That is exactly what Colgan DOES NOT HAVE. Thus the requirement of a union.

Now go suck off your CEO.
Reading Comprehension isn't your strong point, is it? The fact that you're associating non-Union with non-ALPA means you've had more than your fair share of the ALPA Kool-Aide. Now get out of line, and let someone else have a cup!:rolleyes:

Horizon, UPS, NetJets, SWA, and APA are four examples of great contracts not negotiated by ALPA.

You are correct in saying a labor-friendly management goes a long way.

Latest resources

Back