• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"The 27" at Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They were part of the 313 who voted with you for representation that you will now have at Colgan. You may want to thank them and see how you can work together rather than bash them.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't Do the Colgan. I was an SJS turd back when RJ's were born, but thanks for assuming I worked there.

Could you elaborate?

The work rules that provide soft pay simply aren't there in the Horizon agreement. When you compare W2 compensation, the ASA, XJT, ARW, etc... agreements all come out ahead. Pay rates rarely tell the whole story.

Would you rather have someone represented by the IBT or not at all?

I would prefer that everyone have representation. IBT is simply the bottom of the barrel.

I would prefer that everyone have representation. IBT is simply the bottom of the barrel.
Bottom of the barrel is what you did.
You paid an Eastern Airline Scab to fly for his airline.
Sorry, not buying your BS "Brotherhood" speach on here.
Scum Bag

Like the new Mesa TA? Yeah, way to go there...

That's a nice little gem they have there. Even they said themselves thats the best ALPA could get them.
Live to Fight Another day.
Or should it be "Let's just start kicking our own azzes!" ?

Reading Comprehension isn't your strong point, is it? The fact that you're associating non-Union with non-ALPA means you've had more than your fair share of the ALPA Kool-Aide. Now get out of line, and let someone else have a cup!:rolleyes:

Horizon, UPS, NetJets, SWA, and APA are four examples of great contracts not negotiated by ALPA.

You are correct in saying a labor-friendly management goes a long way.

And here are example of contracts negotiated by the IBT or by at-will employees. Whats your point?

Allegiant, Republic, USA 3000, Virgin America, Cape Air, Era, GoJet, Great Lakes, Gulfstream, Lynx Air, Lynx Aviation, Skywest, PenAir, Flight Options, CitationShares, Aviantair, FlexJet, Plansense, AirNet, Ameriflight, ABX Air, Amerijet, Arrow, ATI, Centurion, Cherry Air, Empire, Flight Express, Kalitta Air, Kalitta Charters, Lynden, Mountain Air Cargo, Murray Air, Southern Air, and Tradewinds.

We can always make the argument that todays Colgan pilots knew what they were getting into when they applied there.
It's no secret that the Colgan abuse their pilots. But hey, it's good enough to apply and go work there. But all the of the sudden, now we're going to piss and moan that we're being abused.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to improve your working conditions regardless of how good or bad you are treated. Colgan management were given that opportunity after the last union drive and didn't come through. What else would you suggest the Colgan pilots do to try to improve their job?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back