The 1108 leadership is at it again.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1folinepilot

For those of you that have missed the latest move from the 11108 leadership here you go. Looks like they want to do what ever they want to do whenever they want.

The leadership is attempting to sneak in a bylaw change that essentially gives the leadership free reign to do whatever they like

Proposal one is to allow the leadership to conduct official meetings without the entire leadership present. (One would want the entire leadership present while meetings are conducted so everybody is on the same page and has input )

Proposal two is to allow the MEC to fill vacancies without an election ( This is ridiculous as it gives the MEC power to simply put whoever they want in charge without any vote or input from the membership )

Proposal three is to allow the Secretary to set policy to One Sky Management on withholding dues and service fees as well as collecting a reinitiation fee they forgot to administer. (This proposal will give the 1108 the power to simply send a bill to Onesky Management demanding your dues/fees and it will be automatically deducted from your pay. This will include any back dues the 1108 feels you owe and it does not set a limit to the amount of the reinitiating fee or any service fees. You will receive no bill for these charges, just the deducted amount from your pay. This proposal will allow the 1108 the power to forcibly collect all back dues from any of the flex transfers the 1108 is actively seeking to terminate as well as any non Mig who chose not to participate prior to contract ratification. )

These three proposals speak for themselves to the character of the 1108 leadership and what they think of the Onesky pilots they are claiming to "represent" at Flexjet and Flight Options.

Last edited:
Dummy, it says to not have all executive board present. Meaning in the same damn room. Meaning they want the ability to have meetings and do things over the phone.

Stop trying to find the bs in the pile that's not there from the Union and start looking at your pos management team and how they lie, how they try to screw everyone, etc. that's were you need to look.

What a....

Proposal one refines the definition of "present" to allow members to be present by phoning in. We all live in different places. This will save dues money on travel. Nothing to see. I'm still looking for the actual language of the second proposal. I can't comment until I find it and read it, but it was my understanding this was only for interim positions. Elections would then take place for these positions. Again, I need to read the actual language before committing to that. Proposal three can't happen fast enough. The secretary wouldn't "dictate" anything. The secretary would simply be empowered to collect the representation fees that members are LEGALLY OBLIGATED to pay. Since I, and most other MIGS, want dues auto deducted anyway, this will only enhance life for MIGS.

I almost forgot to include these are PROPOSED changes. We, the membership will vote whether to change the by laws or not. So your panties are prematurely in a wad. I assure you I will be voting to go after the scumbags who aren't paying their dues!

I almost forgot to include these are PROPOSED changes. We, the membership will vote whether to change the by laws or not. So your panties are prematurely in a wad. I assure you I will be voting to go after the scumbags who aren't paying their dues!

Yes they are PROPOSED changes that should not be voted into effect.

Proposal 1 will allow the leadership to conduct meetings and business without all of the members present either in person or telephonically

Proposal 2 will allow interim positions to be filled without a vote of approval from the membership and you know as well as I that all it takes is one idiot to make a bad decision to screw everything up for us so the membership should get a say in who is representing them

proposal 3 will allow the Union to forcibly collect back dues from all of the Onesky pilots that chose to not participate prior to the contract ratification as well as allow the union to forcibly collect assessments and fees that they charge the members. this is not right as the members should have the decision to pay any fees prior to contract ratification as they were originally promised there would be no fees

When we were promised no fees before contract ratification? I believe you are mistaken. It was three months of no fees. Then you have to pay up.

Everyone needs to just ignore syPHILis... he is only here because no one but the same small and shrinking group pay him any attention on Yammer and he is too smart to post on the VUH knowing his disinfo campaign will be quickly torn apart.

He is wrong as always. Enough said.

Everyone needs to just ignore syPHILis... he is only here because no one but the same small and shrinking group pay him any attention on Yammer and he is too smart to post on the VUH knowing his disinfo campaign will be quickly torn apart.

He is wrong as always. Enough said.

Agree 100%. He is always wrong.

Could one of you who still posts on yammer please tell SPT that we get to vote on IBT by law changes. His post seems to indicate he doesn't realize the membership has to democratically approve changes. Just like our "individual employment agreement" promises us. Oh snap, SPT hasn't been allowed to vote on any of management's changes. But that's ok, because you can't vote when your on your knees with your mouth full anyway.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back