• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thankyou to Colgan/Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I'm watching the evening news and the FAA is pissed. I thought this was a blip on some statistical board of "who gives a sh!t" but apparently if you ball up a plane in the Northeast for no reason the government notices.

I have often held that until we start crashing airplanes nothing in this industry will change. I was not willing to take one for the team but it looks like somebody was.

Tonight the head of the FAA said that he didn't want to wait for the NTSB... a rules change was going to happen. Looking at a max 12 hour duty day... The 250 hour wonder... Checkride pass rates... etc.

Unions have been fighting for this stuff for years with no result. The duty rules haven't changed in 40 years. This accident has the potential to offset the age 65 problem.

So seriously to the pinnacle crew who balled up the empty RJ laughing all the way down. The Colgan crew that left the power at idle. Thanks for taking one for the team.

FUMF

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fumf

We have a 12 hour max duty day at AirTran and still average 15 days off. Some lines go to 18 days off. I don't know where some of you guys get this idea that 12 hours is so difficult for the pairing generator to figure out.

We have a 12 hour max duty day at AirTran and still average 15 days off. Some lines go to 18 days off. I don't know where some of you guys get this idea that 12 hours is so difficult for the pairing generator to figure out.
Wow, and they got that without ALPO!

So I'm watching the evening news and the FAA is pissed. I thought this was a blip on some statistical board of "who gives a sh!t" but apparently if you ball up a plane in the Northeast for no reason the government notices.

I have often held that until we start crashing airplanes nothing in this industry will change. I was not willing to take one for the team but it looks like somebody was.

Tonight the head of the FAA said that he didn't want to wait for the NTSB... a rules change was going to happen. Looking at a max 12 hour duty day... The 250 hour wonder... Checkride pass rates... etc.

Unions have been fighting for this stuff for years with no result. The duty rules haven't changed in 40 years. This accident has the potential to offset the age 65 problem.

So seriously to the pinnacle crew who balled up the empty RJ laughing all the way down. The Colgan crew that left the power at idle. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Still doesn't solve the fact that FAA's own flight training manuals, FAR's, and PTS are flawed in regards to training and checking. The unfortunate crew of the Colgan flight was improperly trained from day one but this issue is so complex and so far beyond the FAA's and most instructors comprehension that they most likely never will be changed. I am glad that the FAA is finally looking at fatigue and duty-times though. This particular accident was unrelated to fatigue as the pilots did not recognize that the aircraft got dangerously slow and when it stalled their reaction was totally innapropriate.

Next weeks forecast? 90% chance of scattered blame laying, with a chance of knee jerk reactions. A frontal system of political hubris can also be expected to impact the industry...

LowlyPropCapt..... WELL PUT!!!
BRAVO (or BRAVA if you are a woman)

Yeah, I just noticed that runway in LEX has been decommissioned. Hope they mill the blacktop down to grade so no one will be tempted to use it again!

Actually they are moving and realigning the runway. When it is finished 8/26 will be longer and will not intersect 4/22.

So the 12 duty day was there when you got to airtran. What do YOU do to bring it to your previous regional when you were there since we dont understand how to make it happen at ours?????

So the 12 duty day was there when you got to airtran. What do YOU do to bring it to your previous regional when you were there since we dont understand how to make it happen at ours?????

What?

Latest resources

Back