• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thankyou to Colgan/Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This will lead to less days off, less efficient pairings and requiring you to count commuting time as duty time. This will lead to a significant pay cut for regional pilots since your commuting time will be counted as duty time. This will lead to less time in a duty period for you to fly a revenue flight. If it takes you 6hrs to commute to your base, you will only be left with 6hrs in which to fly revenue trips. This paycut will offset the increase in costs that the airlines will feel.

But remember, YOU ASKED FOR IT!

I don't know what rules you fly under, but I am limited to eight hours flight time per day. I would call 8 hours flight time in a 12 hour period more efficient than 8 hours in a 16 hour period. I hate sitting around the airport.
Do you really think that you will get 8 hrs block in a 12 hr duty day? My days are usually a 12-13 hrs with just short of 8hrs block. Cutting it to 12 hrs would trim of that last leg and make it a little more than 6 hrs per day at best. This is gonna be great. We'll all be extraordinarily well rested, making little more than guarantee, and come home to find that our families have packed up and left because they only get to see us 8-10 days a month. But at least we'll sleep well!:erm:

Pehaps it will bring about pay for every hour you are on duty now. No more working for free, pre flight, post flight, show times etc, etc can all be paid in the future!

Pay start of duty day till end of duty day.. I like it.

Do you really think that you will get 8 hrs block in a 12 hr duty day?

My days are usually a 12-13 hrs with just short of 8hrs block.

According to you, you usually get 8 hours in 12-13, so yes, I really do think I will get close to 8 hours in a 12 hour duty day. The last two days of my last trip had block times of 7:45ish, and duty times of 11 hours. The airlines will trim your turn times rather than hire another pilot. Even with 6 hours in 12, a four day trip will still credit 24 hours. That is not too shabby.

Pehaps it will bring about pay for every hour you are on duty now. No more working for free, pre flight, post flight, show times etc, etc can all be paid in the future!

Pay start of duty day till end of duty day.. I like it.

This solves very little.

Airlines would still compete on who can run the cheapest shop, so you can take your 30 bucks an hour and considder it reduced to 15 under that system.

It would give the airlines incentive to produce schedules with less duty time, but your overall compensation wouldn't change.

I was thinking... Shorter duty day=less efficient pairings. More pilots required to do the same amount of flying. See what I'm getting at.

To the guy who said I didn't mention comair. There crash stayed in the news for a week. They should get mention for setting the table.

Colgans crash was a gem. The guy had failed checkrides. The girl discussing her delayed upgrade but happy to get some time in snow. Then they crash because they performed a stall spin with two operative engines. Oh yeah and this layed a paper trail to gulfstream... The only thing that would have made this accident better would have been if Mesa did it and went out of buisness.

If I ball up an airplane one day I hope it is such a steaming pile of poop that the FAA has to change rules. That is all I'm saying. Oh yeah and hold my beer watch this!

I was thinking... Shorter duty day=less efficient pairings. More pilots required to do the same amount of flying. See what I'm getting at.

What airline do you know of that would rather hire more pilots than work their current pilots to the extent of the law(more days per month).

Latest resources

Back