thanks to the co-ex crews in iah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captboy2001

just wanted to say thanks to the co-ex crews in iah....they have been great in welcoming us (colgan) to iah and been great in getting me home....thanks guys and gals.

CaptBoy -

You're welcome, and thanks. I don't recall ever seeing a SKYW pilot post such a nice word, although I could be wrong.

I don't recall seeing any nice words from Xjt pilots either, although I could be wrong, too. Colgan pilots should be grateful for the IAH flying, it's a huge increase in flying for their company. The IAH SkyWest pilots I know enjoyed the domicile but knew it was a drop in the bucket as far as SkyWest's flying is concerned.

Have fun with the old C8 birds. I pulled into IAH last week and saw N303CE on the ramp, got all misty-eyed. Those airplanes are fun as all hell to fly. If you get 308CE beware, she's got ghosts.

Bluto said:
I don't recall seeing any nice words from Xjt pilots either, although I could be wrong, too. Colgan pilots should be grateful for the IAH flying, it's a huge increase in flying for their company. The IAH SkyWest pilots I know enjoyed the domicile but knew it was a drop in the bucket as far as SkyWest's flying is concerned.

Bluto - I made every effort to be nice to SKYW pilots and crews - always waiving, saying hi in the terminal, even asking to say hi to the crews on our SJT deadheads - all with no reciprocation. I always felt that you guys somehow resented XJT pilots, or were unhappy to be here. Maybe I was just getting the bad apples during my efforts, but I will say that the Colgan crews have been significantly more friendly to us.....

Nevertheless, I do wish you guys the best and am sorry things didn't work out in IAH.

Time2Spare said:
Bluto - I made every effort to be nice to SKYW pilots and crews - always waiving, saying hi in the terminal, even asking to say hi to the crews on our SJT deadheads - all with no reciprocation.
Sorry to hear that. Speaking only for myself, I enjoyed speaking with the Xjt pilots, having been furloughed from their myself. I got no grief from the Xjt crews. At worst they completely ignored us (understandable when you're hurrying through the terminal) but I've probably done the same to others unintentionally.

Time2Spare said:
I always felt that you guys somehow resented XJT pilots, or were unhappy to be here. Maybe I was just getting the bad apples during my efforts, but I will say that the Colgan crews have been significantly more friendly to us.....

Nevertheless, I do wish you guys the best and am sorry things didn't work out in IAH.
Again, I'm sorry to hear you felt that way. None of the IAH-based pilots I spoke with felt that way. We were often rushed in the terminal since many of us commuted. In fact, we were excited about your contract and a little jealous, hoping we would get something similar. Though it doesn't look like it now. Just be careful with the real friendly Colgan guys, they may just be buttering you up to get a recommendation ;) . I know with the CPA ending and other complications, things might be getting interesting at Xjt in the near future. I wish you guys the best of luck.

I've been watching the Maintenance guys working on 308CE. Still in City Colors. I think they are doing an acceptance or some such inspection. Good group of guys. Of course several are carry overs from SKW. Like I said, very, very good guys.....
Watching from across the hanger they are working pretty hard and of course undermanned as they spool up.

Time2Spare said:
CaptBoy -

You're welcome, and thanks. I don't recall ever seeing a SKYW pilot post such a nice word, although I could be wrong.

Shame, what a crock.
50% of the X jeters wouldnt be bothered to look anywhere but tunnel vision like when walking dont the halls at IAH the first year I was at IAH.
I always made it a point to look over smile and nod!

SpyFlysDOTs said:
Shame, what a crock.
50% of the X jeters wouldnt be bothered to look anywhere but tunnel vision like when walking dont the halls at IAH the first year I was at IAH.
I always made it a point to look over smile and nod!

Guess I never saw you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back