Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Thanks to the Skywest pilot who told me off for requesting the j/s to PNS today at D36 in ATL. I didn't know you were on the j/s and I didn't know you were going to PNS. Plus, I wasn't even going to PNS. But I appreciate the lecture on how I can't show up at departure time to request a j/s. But, if the flight is 30 mins late already, it doesn't matter when I show up as long as it hasn't closed. Plus, I'm a ASA pilot, so I could of bumped you if I felt like it. The flight wasn't closed. Even if I was going to go to PNS, I was going to let you go anyway because my wife could of picked me up in VPS or MOB. I would of worked with you to get you home. Point being, I have your name and thought about taking it further, but I decided to let it go. No use in getting pissed over it, but thought it was quite rude. I wouldn't treat any Skywest pilot that way and I've never made the j/s a political issue. Thanks....

Whatit... referring this matter to your jumpseat comittee isn't "ratting" this guy out. You are doing him a favor. His jumpseat etiquette is poor and he should be counseled on this. You wouldn't want Skywest pilots to have difficulty jumpseating due to one pilot.

I would of bumped him just to teach him a lesson after that. Sounds like he should be jump seating on a Greyhound to PNS and working for hojets instead of Skywest. What a jerk.

Sorry you had to deal with this tool. Saddly every airline has some. You guys are always welcome in my J/S.

There are stupid pilots everywhere. A couple months ago, I was flying on Comair from CVG to MCO and one of their elite pilots approached me and made small talk. He found out in the conversation that I was going to the same place he was going and lectured me about j/s etiquette and that I shouldn't even bother trying to get on the flight because it was oversold. He suggested that I leave and go and find another way to get to MCO. I told him that I was going to take my chances and wait for boarding to commence. I waited till around the end of boarding before I told him that I was leaving. I think he expected me to leave the gate area because he wished me good luck in a rather snide manner. I wished him good luck in return and then took out my ticket (positive space and paid for) and got on the plane. I didn't turn around but I would have loved to see the look on his face. It made it even better when I saw that this idiot got bumped by another comair pilot for the jumpseat...one of those great moments!

If it happened as you say you SHOULD turn him into the JSC. The majority of us at OO (as well as every other airline) appreciate and respect the PIC of any aircraft, regardless of company or affiliation, for giving us a ride.

-JP

Kelly said:
There are stupid pilots everywhere. A couple months ago, I was flying on Comair from CVG to MCO and one of their elite pilots approached me and made small talk. He found out in the conversation that I was going to the same place he was going and lectured me about j/s etiquette and that I shouldn't even bother trying to get on the flight because it was oversold. He suggested that I leave and go and find another way to get to MCO. I told him that I was going to take my chances and wait for boarding to commence. I waited till around the end of boarding before I told him that I was leaving. I think he expected me to leave the gate area because he wished me good luck in a rather snide manner. I wished him good luck in return and then took out my ticket (positive space and paid for) and got on the plane. I didn't turn around but I would have loved to see the look on his face. It made it even better when I saw that this idiot got bumped by another comair pilot for the jumpseat...one of those great moments!
sweet!!!

Folks remember J/S is a privelege not a right. I've never had an uncomfortable situation J/S yet, but if someone is going to act like an ass let them know. I am truly greatful when I can J/S on flight. Even though we all have our problems with each other, we are all still pilots livin' the dream yo'! Resect each other please. Okay I've had my Hallmark moment now.

Darn right, write him up. I bet you he won't do it again

Latest resources

Back