Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks Rita---says CAL, AA, Indy, Midwest..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Amazing..... I think United has had it right the whole time---stay in protection FOREVER and never pay all of the bills.....Great idea.

I guess UAL isn't failing to plan or planning to fail with that strategy.:cool:

Best wishes to everyone at DAL for a successful plan to recover from the bankruptcy filing. I hope that DAL doesn't languish for years in chapter 11.

T45Flyer said:
General,

IMHO, the doom and gloom articles/threads that you are posting are beneath you. Your airline went into bankruptsy, not you. In the past you have maintained a fairly kool head and maintained a level of class that we all appreciate here at flightinfo. Since, Delta has went into Ch. 11, you seem to be posting only negative material about other airlines. I realize there are some people on here that are crude and self serving, I just hope that doesn't become you. Please do not take this reply as a slam, just a observation from a concerned lurker. I wish you the best.

Thanks for being a concerned lurker. I was mainly commenting on the one day jump in oil. And, give me some positive news about this industry in the last few days please.....I am waiting. I know DL's problems, but others may hurt too thanks to Rita or other problems. I enjoy this whole industry, and I have commented on all of it, and it isn't doing great right now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hi!

On Mon, Chevron/Texaco and Dutch Royal Shell evacuated their workers off their oil platforms in the Gulf, which means they are losing lots of money every day. I don't think they'd do that if there was no threat to Gulf oil production from Rita.

Currently, 4 refineries, which produce 5% of US gasoline production are down indefinitely. If Rita hits in TX and takes out a bunch of refineries there also, say goodbye to the (relatively) low gasoline prices we pay right now.

Worldwide, there are 2.5 million barrels of excess oil production per day, which equals 1% of total production. Katrina took out 1.5 million barrels per day, which was 60% of the excess production.

With our huge demand for oil, and so little cushion, any little thing that disrupts the flow of oil can send the prices skyrocketing.

To get off this rollercoaster, we need to develop alternative fuels for our transportation system.

The volatility and the cost of oil will only go up, up, up, until we don't use oil for our main transportation fuel.

Cliff
YIP

General Lee said:
And it is aiming for Texas. Any airlines based in Texas....?

Bye Bye--General Lee

CAL and XJT biggest hub. Its going to suck!!

Latest resources

Back