Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks Rita---says CAL, AA, Indy, Midwest..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Did anyone see how much oil jumped today on FEARS over Trop.Storm Rita? $4.39---the most EVER for one day. Oil is back up to almost $67 a barrel. Crazy. Could this event push more airlines into court? This could drain more needed cash for the slow Fall season. Amazing..... I think United has had it right the whole time---stay in protection FOREVER and never pay all of the bills.....Great idea.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nothing like lemmings betting on the futures markets....

If I were a betting man myself, I'd wager that oil will drop more than $5 in the next few days.

CNBC ran a graphic this afternoon of the projected path of Rita with the locations of all of the offshore oil platforms depicted.

Chest Rockwell said:
CNBC ran a graphic this afternoon of the projected path of Rita with the locations of all of the offshore oil platforms depicted.

and what did that graphic look like.... they had a sh!t fit with katrina because of all the platforms near LA and NE TX coast... this is supposed to go well south of that...

lame excuses

Patriot328 said:
and what did that graphic look like.... they had a sh!t fit with katrina because of all the platforms near LA and NE TX coast... this is supposed to go well south of that...

lame excuses
Yea, but high pressure is what made Rita go south of mainland Florida. When it gets on the back side of the high, it's going to get sucked up north.

And it is aiming for Texas. Any airlines based in Texas....?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

IMHO, the doom and gloom articles/threads that you are posting are beneath you. Your airline went into bankruptsy, not you. In the past you have maintained a fairly kool head and maintained a level of class that we all appreciate here at flightinfo. Since, Delta has went into Ch. 11, you seem to be posting only negative material about other airlines. I realize there are some people on here that are crude and self serving, I just hope that doesn't become you. Please do not take this reply as a slam, just a observation from a concerned lurker. I wish you the best.

we all need to pray for the storm to hit south of tx, in northern mexico where not many people live.

There is still a LOT of the oil still shut-in at the Gulf of Mexico. I believe the oil is only back to about 60% of capacity and the NATURAL GAS is the big story which is only back to about 50% of its pre-Katrina level.

Also the Oil companies have not reported on the extent of the damage to the underwater pipelines from the Gulf platforms to the shore. There was very significant damage to these last year from Ivan that lasted for 3-4 months.

Also there are still many refineries still shut down as well. Some are going to take months to get back. So even if we get oil, we can't refine it all. Thank god the IEA is giving us already refined products.

Unfortunately we're only getting the 60 million barrels they're sending, which includes some of the already refined products. We're going to have to hope the refineries are all back when we burn through those 60 million barrels.

I think they're working their hineys off to get those refineries back though.

Let's just hope more don't get damaged if Rita hits close to Houston where there are many refineries or God FORBID this thing does take a northerly turn and smack close to New Orleans again.

This will be bad for the entire United States.

LET'S BUILD MORE REFINERIES NOW! SCREW THE OIL COMPANIES PROFITS!

Jet

p.s. please don't anybody buy the b.s. the oil companies are spewing that they can't build new refineries because of the environmentalists. They CLOSED VOLUNTARILY over 100 refineries in the last 20 years so they could increase Production-per-Refinery and boost profits!

Last edited:
T45Flyer said:
General,

IMHO, the doom and gloom articles/threads that you are posting are beneath you. Your airline went into bankruptsy, not you. In the past you have maintained a fairly kool head and maintained a level of class that we all appreciate here at flightinfo. Since, Delta has went into Ch. 11, you seem to be posting only negative material about other airlines. I realize there are some people on here that are crude and self serving, I just hope that doesn't become you. Please do not take this reply as a slam, just a observation from a concerned lurker. I wish you the best.

He's just going for 6000 posts, that's all...

Latest resources

Back