• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks for the extra $$$ ASA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is hilarious, and who knows, maybe some heads will roll.....as they should because it is absolutely unacceptable to treat these customers like this, but seriously, what is going on out there?????

What was the reason? Just the ramp? What is managment gonna blame it on this time? WX, ATC, ramper shortage, holiday, what? Cause they are professionals at deflecting blame from themselves and the problems they say they can't fix cause they have no control over them.

What a joke.

Smacktard said:
Extrapolate the engine costs out and you'd be even more surprised. The engines are about 4-6 million. At about 5 million and with about 5000 hours between overhaul, each engine costs about $500 per hour or $16.67 PER MINUTE to operate both. That doesn't even take into account fuel, MX, etc. I've always maintained that they could hire a complete ramp 'team' as floaters to work each side of each concourse to handle overflow. The additional expense of these rampers would be more than offset by savings. But what do I know, I'm just another cog in the wheel, I'd better let the professionals handle it...

Yo, Smack....get this.

I crunched some numbers, and came up with this:

Their $9 million concessions package can be funded solely by running each APU 2 hrs less each day. This is only with regards to fuel (@ $2/gallon) and doesn't even account for cycle- or hour-related wear on the Garrett screacher.

But that would require management to manage....power carts, air, coordination.

So let's forget it and just go after the pilots......

Last edited:
40 mins over block for my crew today after one round trip.

Thanks for the FREE $$$$$$$$, ASA ass clowns!

GO AROUND said:
What was the reason? Just the ramp? What is managment gonna blame it on this time? WX, ATC, ramper shortage, holiday, what? Cause they are professionals at deflecting blame from themselves and the problems they say they can't fix cause they have no control over them.

What a joke.

They'll blame the pilots, of course!

2:34 on the ramp on the 4th. Great for the overblock captain, not so much for me on reserve. Then I got sent on a 30 hour STL overnight.

av8er2 said:
I sat on the ATL ramp for a total of a couple of hours waiting for parking because ASA hires so many rampers who don't care and they are also under staffed on the ramp.

I sat out there for an hour and 20. Of course, I was junior manned so I wasn't complaining, but my captain was crawling out of his pants. No rampers, no tugs, plenty of planes MX'd. It was a ripe mixture for sure. The poor ops guy was taking the brunt of it, I'd have walked off if I was in his shoes.

As I was riding the bus off I could see about 8 of you lined up at the end of 27R/L and all I could think of was about 500 passengers completely screwed by a managment team that doesn't provide their employees with the necessary equipment, training and support to do the job. The flight crews take the blame 'cause we're left holding the bag. And they want us to take paycuts to become even more profitable. If yesterday didn't put any naysayers into the 'screw 'em' category, I don't what will.

Jerry...are you seeing any of this?

Get on the ball Skywest

Delta is buying a service. You would think this can't continue much longer before they really get involved.

There have been thousands and thousands of passengers affected just in the last few weeks because of this mismanagement of ASA.

Delta sure is getting the quality of the lowest bidder!

Listen up Skywest and Jerry. I know BL or the GO is not calling you to tell you what is going on.

If they won't we will!! If this is what you want then so be it. If it is not then you had better get on the ball soon because the pilots are over making things happen and things are falling apart.

........The most Trusted and Respected Regional in the Industry!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back