Thanks for the extra $$$ ASA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er2

I am sure I am not the only one but I made a little extra cash the last week and a half. This is all thanks to ASA mismanagement.

I sat on the ATL ramp for a total of a couple of hours waiting for parking because ASA hires so many rampers who don't care and they are also under staffed on the ramp.

We don't need trip and duty rigs or profit sharing, we just need ASA to keep running the ramp this way. I might be able to make 5 hours extra pay at this rate. Let see at 50 seat Capt. pay that is $317.00. I sure wish I was a senior 70 seat Capt. because at $80 an hour that would be $400 extra a month.

Way to go ASA management!

Do the numbers, multiply this by many flights a day and then factor in the fuel and you you can see how big the cost gets. But ASA management can't.

The RJ sitting on the ramp with 1 engine running burns about one gallon a minute. What is ASA paying for fuel, I heard $2 a gallon.

And you want the pilots to take a paycut when this is the best ASA can run an airline, give me a break. The only time I will be willing to take a paycut is when the airline is losing money and it is run fairly well.

Well ASA makes a lot of money and it is run inefficient. Sounds like I voted yes.

FWIW, ASA doesn't pay fuel or crew costs. It's passed along to Delta. Heard a senior manager (won't mention CT's name) say ASA didn't truly care about fuel cost because we don't actually pay it. Nice huh?

And I suggest we just sit. Don't call, don't whine, pull out the paper and wait for them to call and tell you you're spot is open. Same goes outbound. I'm so tired of hearing people whine on ops. "Let The System Work"

That is what you have to do to keep your mental sanity.

I heard that ASA has to have their costs under a certain amount in a few years due to the Delta agreement. This is why they are asking for pilot pay cuts. Well, this doesn't sound like they are trying to keep costs within the Delta agreement.

They just want the pilots to make up the difference so they don't have to try to fix the real problem.

av8er2 said:
The RJ sitting on the ramp with 1 engine running burns about one gallon a minute. What is ASA paying for fuel, I heard $2 a gallon.

Extrapolate the engine costs out and you'd be even more surprised. The engines are about 4-6 million. At about 5 million and with about 5000 hours between overhaul, each engine costs about $500 per hour or $16.67 PER MINUTE to operate both. That doesn't even take into account fuel, MX, etc. I've always maintained that they could hire a complete ramp 'team' as floaters to work each side of each concourse to handle overflow. The additional expense of these rampers would be more than offset by savings. But what do I know, I'm just another cog in the wheel, I'd better let the professionals handle it...

Last edited:
av8er2 said:
That is what you have to do to keep your mental sanity.

I heard that ASA has to have their costs under a certain amount in a few years due to the Delta agreement. This is why they are asking for pilot pay cuts. Well, this doesn't sound like they are trying to keep costs within the Delta agreement.

They just want the pilots to make up the difference so they don't have to try to fix the real problem.

EXACTLY!!!!!!! That is the exact heart of the matter. It is harder work for management to manage their way to cost savings because they are a collection of inept boobs! Just take from those overpaid, lazy pilots....who according to King Tutt are NOT the glue that holds this operation together!!! You still tired of hearing about the dam pilots Tuttle????? Well, take a look at yesterdays operational stats! Now that your pilots don't give a stinkin rats a$$ anymore about you lousy operation, look where its gone. STRAIGHT TO HE11!!! Hire some reliable workers, find some more parking spaces, schedule flights and crews more efficiently, get catering, cabin service and wheelchairs to come more quickly and maybe you wont WASTE so much money. These guys are standing in a forest and cannot see one damn tree around them.
The sh!t is really starting to hit the fan in ATL. If these morons think they can intimidate or break the ASA pilot group, they are sorely mistaken. They are strengthening our resolve with their ineptitude. If the boys in Utah know what they are doing, they will remove King Tutt and Liarbrecque and start running this company like their shareholders (and Delta) should demand, not like the sinking joke that it is quickly becoming!

I made a bucket load of moolah this weekend also. Way over block, due entirely to the ASA mis-management.

Couldn't agree more, let the system work, or not work! With the high blocked lines this month, parking delays, holding etc is money in the kitty!

av8er2 said:

Actually, I keep 'em both running because you just might get switched to concourse D, saving that engine cycle ya know.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Me and about 20 others waited 2 plus hours to park on the 4th. This place is an absolute joke. But hey we were overblocked.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back