Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psycho said:
Hey Easy mac,
Sorry, Think I was the captain who denied you the jumpseat. Wanted to let you ride, but we don't have an agreement with embryo riddle pilots with a 172 type. The flight suit and helmet also scared me a little bit. Tell your mom I said hi.

Oh no problem! And I agree with you! The PFT ex-Gulfstream wonders that occupy 90% of the pilot seats at Peanckle are MUCH better than Riddle kids. I mean after all, they could afford their job.

I paid for all my right-seat F-14 time

Lear70 said:
One of ALPA's primary missions is to promote safety in aviation.

Our company has shown they have NO INTENTION of fixing the gaps in our training, as pilots STILL come to the line having no CLUE how to operate this aircraft in a computer outage, in winter operations, or how to find half the charts in their FCOM2 or QRH.

If the company isn't going to fix it and we as an Association can't MAKE the company fix it, I believe it our DUTY as an Association to fix the gaps in knowledge ourselves, similar to when our Check Airmen got on the board and started bringing up basic line check errors and answering gaps in knowledge.

I don't really give a good Godd*mn about precedents. I care about safety and avoidance of buying another hole in the ground, this time with people on board.

A couple of things to chew on while your waiting for me to start my own training program.

1. Who ensures the accuracy of the information taught. Who ensures compliance with FARS, HBATs and FSATs?

2. Whats the best format for getting all 1200 pilots into a class room setting with out scheduled flying being removed?

3. What happens when a pilots fails this ALPA training after several attempts?

4. Who pays for it?

Pinnacle management has one thing going for them ... secrecy. They hide all of their failures in a manner that makes the CIA jealous. If nobody knows about the line failures they don't have to pay to fix them or increase training. The answer is information management.

787 said:
There's a reason none of my 82,560FF miles this year were on 9E.

How do you manage to avoid PCL flights when you work here? You have claimed to be ex-NWA in prior posts and you have obviously worked for Mesaba judging by the size of your Mesaba boner (and I've seen some really, really big Mesaba boners) and now you work at PCL. So what gives? Great airlines like Mesaba and NWA were built by their pilots. What are you doing to improve PCL?

787 said:
But 9E has shown time and time again that the garden variety of their crews are hugely uninformed.

You prove every time you sit down behind your keyboard that you are a garden variety PCL crew member.

787 said:
The folks at FSDO agree...with nearly 100 pending violations...and this was almost a year ago.

87.56% of all statistics are made up on short notice.

Easy Mac,

LMAO. I have new respect for your flight suit. Not too many people can see my sarcasm for what it is. Besides, an F-14 captain has my full respect. You are heretofore welcome on my jumpseat anytime. Just do not say " Your'e Dangerous ".
In all fairness, I was against the GIA thing in the beginning. My mind has changed as these folks have proven to be good pilots. Don't like the ERAU CAPT thing however. Only one trip thus far, but this guy was way in over his head.

Dointime: Put in over 10 years of hell at NWA. Left for greener pastures when the handwriting was on the wall. Put up with a hole lotta 9E crap during my stint at the out station. Check your PM for my source on the deviations.

pilotdiscretion said:
A couple of things to chew on while your waiting for me to start my own training program.

1. Who ensures the accuracy of the information taught. Who ensures compliance with FARS, HBATs and FSATs?
Never said the Association should REPLACE company training, simply augment it. Therefore, no compliance required, but I'm certain we could find enough check airmen to fill in the gaps in training.

2. Whats the best format for getting all 1200 pilots into a class room setting with out scheduled flying being removed?
You sure do assume a lot, don't you? When did I ever say classroom training? How about web-based training for those interested? Non-mandatory, but I'm sure MOST pilots would appreciate the opportunity to expand their knowledge in PRACTICAL application of the proposed subject matter.

3. What happens when a pilots fails this ALPA training after several attempts?
Again, who said it was pass/fail? Who said it was formal training?

4. Who pays for it?
ALPA does. Although if it were set up as web training and people volunteered their time to set it up, there'd be no cost whatsoever (except the web space which exists in a lot of places cheaply enough to be practically free).

Pinnacle management has one thing going for them ... secrecy. They hide all of their failures in a manner that makes the CIA jealous. If nobody knows about the line failures they don't have to pay to fix them or increase training. The answer is information management.
Well, that's about the only thing in this thread you got right.

Don't ASSume things, it makes it easier to avoid foot-in-mouth syndrome. ;)

I too have to stick up for Penuckle. I commute on them almost exclusively and have never felt unsafe once. Okay maybe once when I sat upfront while FO was doing OE. 99% of the time, they go out of there way to get you on even if it means sitting in the penalty box burning fuel. They have there 1% or maybe in the last few years 5%, but as for the pilot group they are a good group of guys. Most of the guys I hear talk down about Penuckle have never even been on any of their flights. While I disagree with the whole PFT thing with Gulfstream, I still appreciate all the 9E guys for taking a eternal XJFO back and forth.

787 said:
Dointime: Put in over 10 years of hell at NWA. Left for greener pastures when the handwriting was on the wall. Put up with a hole lotta 9E crap during my stint at the out station. Check your PM for my source on the deviations.

10 years of HELL at NWA? How could the pay rates that you guys have...or had be hell? What, you were making 100K/year+ at least at 10 years with the company and there is not a chance that you would have been furloughed so how did you see the writing on the wall? If you were still there you would be be making far more than you would have at PCL and you would still be living in your big home, making at least more than you would at any other airline unless you jumped for fedex or swa. And greener pastures? You guys, if you were at NWA were one of the highest paid groups until late. Please dont give us your bs and go back to where you came from. PCL guys are great and they are very safe. So, they have a few problems with the recent events but no airline is perfect. Lets say...um...usair, nwa, united, swa, etc etc has had problems. I would put my family on a pcl flight any day of the week.

longhorn

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back