• Start date
  • Watchers 15

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, I have to back up Pinnacle on this one. I commuted on them for a while and they were great when it came to getting on as a jumpseater. Nice crews, good to talk to, went out of their way to make sure I got on. If you were denied the j/s, I'd bet there's more to the story. Did you just walk in to the cockpit and just hand the captain the form? Roll your eyes when he/she wanted to see your credentials? Did you even make eye contact with the FO let alone introduce yourself?

As for the type 4, I'm about to start sim training on the CRJ on our massive fleet of two. I must say that this is the most critical wing I have seen in terms of ice. I'm not going to defend a naive crew for requesting type 4 because there was icing in the clouds at some altitude (or however that beaten-to-death story goes), but I sure am going to be more than cautious when it comes to deicing this thing. Training really beats it in to your head with this airplane how bad it is with even a trace of ice and until you get a few winters under your belt in this thing, you better be conservative.

Don't post flamebait like that just to see how many people you can pi$$ off on an internet message board. Pinnacle has some good people and have come a long way recently.

Just my $.02

Cheers

Well Cuban...your post is well put. But 9E has shown time and time again that the garden variety of their crews are hugely uninformed. The folks at FSDO agree...with nearly 100 pending violations...and this was almost a year ago. I've not checked recently but there is certainly an issue of quality here. However, there are some very good guys in the left seat...but I would suggest these are few and far between. I remeber when XJ was new to the redtail brand of flying and it took a while for the quality to show. Now I have loads of respect for XJ. 9E on the other hand has had plenty of time to 'get with the program,' but only marginally improved.

dnkt said:
PNCL just had a no flap landing in CLE. Had all the rescue trucks at the runway waiting for them to land.
What's a general Ref for you guys with no flaps, with no leading edge stuff I would imagine it's speedy.

9000 feet in CLE and the weather has been crap there (snow snow snow) I'd have them meet me at the end too, uh hot brakes.

Had one of these going into PNS about 6 months ago. Aircraft on flap watch (meaning it had Flaps Failed twice in the last 30 days) and of course lining up for approach... *ding* FLAPS FAIL caution message.

Asked MOC if they wanted us to bring it back to MEM (we had the fuel) but they said no. Had 8,000 feet of runway. Weighed 45,000 pounds (2,000 under MLW). VRef plus 5 was around 170 kts. Used every bit of the damn runway, ARFF followed us in and said our brakes were showing white hot on their equipment. BTMS showed 7 - not too bad, but pretty d*mn warm. (I'm glad I can still say d*mn on THIS board at least). ;)

In the winter with a contaminated runway I think I'd give a hard try at finding a long runway that was either contaminant free chemically-treated or recently plowed. Hot brakes wouldn't be the problem, poor braking action and short runway would be my main concern.

p.s. Thanks Cuban. This company does a piss-poor job of teaching high altitude aerodynamics, manual weight and balance / performance, and icing procedures (three of the weakest subject areas). Unfortunately, that weakness comes across when other companies hear us on the radio. I wish the Association would step up and fill in the gaps in the education, but they're probably too afraid of "liability"... oooohhhh noooo. :roll eyes:

Lear70 said:
I wish the Association would step up and fill in the gaps in the education

You've got to be kidding me. You actually think that the Association should be responsible for training pilots? I can't think of a worse precedent to be setting.

787 said:
There's a reason none of my 82,560FF miles this year were on 9E. For starters..."We'd like just type 4 on the whole aircraft." These guys scare the crap outa me.

Hey 787, could you tell me who you work for, I have to travel soon and since you have never made a mistake, I want to fly with you

Hey Easy mac,
Sorry, Think I was the captain who denied you the jumpseat. Wanted to let you ride, but we don't have an agreement with embryo riddle pilots with a 172 type. The flight suit and helmet also scared me a little bit. Tell your mom I said hi.

PCL_128 said:
You've got to be kidding me. You actually think that the Association should be responsible for training pilots? I can't think of a worse precedent to be setting.
One of ALPA's primary missions is to promote safety in aviation.

Our company has shown they have NO INTENTION of fixing the gaps in our training, as pilots STILL come to the line having no CLUE how to operate this aircraft in a computer outage, in winter operations, or how to find half the charts in their FCOM2 or QRH.

If the company isn't going to fix it and we as an Association can't MAKE the company fix it, I believe it our DUTY as an Association to fix the gaps in knowledge ourselves, similar to when our Check Airmen got on the board and started bringing up basic line check errors and answering gaps in knowledge.

I don't really give a good Godd*mn about precedents. I care about safety and avoidance of buying another hole in the ground, this time with people on board.

Detroitpilot22 said:
Hey 787, could you tell me who you work for, I have to travel soon and since you have never made a mistake, I want to fly with you

PINNACLE!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back