• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks American!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't surprise me at all. Probably takes 'em about 3 seconds to figure out you're a PFT toolbag that denigrates all the true professionals in this industry. Have a nice day pumkin!

One guy didn't think I was dressed professionaly and the other two were pissed because I told them "I'll be in the back if you get scared and need some help gramps." It was worth getting kicked off just for the angry expression the old farts gave me. :nuts:

the post starter said his place doesn't have CASS.

Whoa, who he work for?

. . the other two were pissed because I told them "I'll be in the back if you get scared and need some help gramps." It was worth getting kicked off just for the angry expression the old farts gave me. :nuts:

Ha-ha . . . That made my morning!

Glad you had a good experience with them. Mine haven't been that way. I had three diferrent capts kick me off the jumpseat. Jerks.

One guy didn't think I was dressed professionaly and the other two were pissed because I told them "I'll be in the back if you get scared and need some help gramps." It was worth getting kicked off just for the angry expression the old farts gave me. :nuts:

I love reading your posts!!!!!! :laugh:

“There is a lot of animosity towards eagle guys “
Not true..
Years ago, my first time jump-seating was with a senior AA triple 7 crew. The Captain asked how my training was going and I told him I was struggling with the ATR fmc and that flying checks at night didn't compare to the two pilot 121 world.
I will never forget, when we got above 10 he spent the flight working with me on the fmc and how they used there checklists.
They really went out of there way for me, a lowly eagle new hire. I got to meet a couple of true aviators, it made an impression.
A few company's later, AA pilots still go out of there way to get me home.

You have two very diff things, you were on a turboprop and with a senior crew. I fly the CRJ and jumpseat on the 80 a lot.

Great Story

I was operating BUF-JFK and had a senior AA fA come up say hi and state "I'm your jumpseater" I very friendly stated with a smile on my face "you mean to say your introducing yourself and asking to ride on the jumpseat" She politely bowed her head and said "yes, exactly".
Later when they deplaned I approached her and sorta questioned her about how she asked, she told me that she thought we had an informal station agreement and that is why she assumed the seat was hers, like a buddy pass. (without the pass).

A little insecure, are we? Who really cares, anyways? She at least came up and said hi, prob had a seat in the back assigned, and then you had to go "put her in her place."

You must be a joy to fly with. Is the seatbelt sign switch also "your button"?

Well I will be the first to say I have had more not so good jumpseat rides on AA than good. The good thought are mostly Commutting ex-TWA guys. There is a lot of animosity towards eagle guys thought so that is what I chaulk it up to because I come down to the door introduce my self to the FA, wait for the pilots to finish checklists or what ever they are doing then ask for the jumpseat even thought I was already given it. I am not an a.. and I know the jumpseat is not a right.
Thanks to the guys appreciating the positive in their experiences. The fact that anybody has a job is a positive experience. Lest we forget there are many people on the street without a job, whether you have ever been without one or NOT in your career. Speaking as a cabin member and a current cockpit member for the "love of flying", I have/had commuted for 11 years and I made the choice, as you have. PLease get over whoever treats you like the bald spot on a tire or embrace the good experiences you have. Life sucks...get over it!!!

A little insecure, are we? Who really cares, anyways? She at least came up and said hi, prob had a seat in the back assigned, and then you had to go "put her in her place."

You must be a joy to fly with. Is the seatbelt sign switch also "your button"?

2 Shay!!!

I recently had the opportunity to non rev/jumpseat on American and I can echo the original post. Very professional and courteous crew, went out of their way to make me comfortable. They have a great product.
When I was a commuter in a previous life AA always got me to work and home,the crews front and back were always top notch,I will always be grateful.

Latest resources

Back