Thanks Again Delta!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IAHERJ said:
Watching an MD-88 push away right now with 89 open seats on it!!! One offline jumpseater ahead of me was the only pilot allowed to go. The agent even asked the captain but he said no. The agent told me only SWA pilots allowed unlimited. So my question is; If you were successful in negotiating unlimited with SWA, why not any others?

Of course the next few weeks I'll carry more than one Delta guy out of PNS as usual and I won't even complain about it. I just think that the system sucks and I'm so dang glad I'm only doing the ATL commute from AUS 2 more times for the rest of my life!!!

Venting over. I guess it took a negative commute to make me appreciate my commuting days comming to an abrupt end soon.

IAHERJ

In the midst of everything that's going on at Delta these days, do you really expect them to be particularly concerned about DL's JS policy and whether it suits your purposes or not ?

Clyde said:
Networ-King,
And one more thing: please be nice. SWA guys may fly 1000 hours a year, but we choose to be away from home for up to 16 days at a time too.

Clyde,

Noted......

but notice the most important word in the above quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the 1000 hours a year is reality at SWA, why would this be considered a slam if its the truth?????????????

OUT said:
You can also thank Delta for bringing pay down to commuter levels.

The ignorance in your post is so overwhelming. Net-working must be bored to have replied to you...........heck, I guess I'm bored as well.

Networ-King said:
Clyde,

Noted......

And the 1000 hours a year is reality at SWA, why would this be considered a slam if its the truth?????????????

I might have interpreted wrongly as a slam. Apologies if I did.

NYRANGERS said:
The ignorance in your post is so overwhelming. Net-working must be bored to have replied to you...........heck, I guess I'm bored as well.

OUT is just the latest flamer on flightinfo. He's relatively new, but he's already famous on the REGIONAL side.

Stifler's Mom said:
OUT is just the latest flamer on flightinfo. He's relatively new, but he's already famous on the REGIONAL side.

LOL....

Wow what a shock.....

Clyde,

No need for apologies. Take it easy....

My above post didn't mention anything about pay or flight hours.

If one chooses to fly 1000 hours a year at SWA he/she will get paid for it. There is no cap as to what a pilot can make at SWA. Its not like some carriers that only pay you for 80 hours and make you "bank" the rest. (I have never flown 1000 hours at SWA, by-the-way).

Net-working - you must interview very well.... You have gotten hired my two great companies....(well, ok maybe just 1 (UPS)). I saw you flew for a commuter thats why I typed it in the above post.

Back to the beginning- I do believe that United is now unlimited jumpseats (not everyone in SFO and DEN seam to have gotten the memo yet) and I believe American has at least some form of unlimited jumpseat now or coming soon- I just don't think it is for all carriers). Airtran has the semi-crappy policy that charges everyone after the first jumpseater to go, but at least it isn't so much that it isn't worth it if you want to go and at least all the open seats are available. I've never had a problem on USAir since so many of the guys who would be jumpseaters have the travel card and just list themselves so they don't have to use up the jumpseat. It would be great if everyone was unlimited, but as long as A-hole management controls the jumpseat policy and uses it as a bargaining chip, that is how it is. At least United management gave unlimited after finishing the rape and piliage of the pilots contract. Hopefully Delta and NW will similarly give the same when they are done bending over their employees.

Networ-King said:
Clyde,

Noted......

I flew 700 hours last year. This year looks to be in the 750 range. Some fly up to 1000 hours and they have the money to prove it.

Some seem to think were killing ourselves at SWA and this is the easiest job I've had. And that includes AA.

Latest resources

Back