Thanks Again Delta!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IAHERJ

Watching an MD-88 push away right now with 89 open seats on it!!! One offline jumpseater ahead of me was the only pilot allowed to go. The agent even asked the captain but he said no. The agent told me only SWA pilots allowed unlimited. So my question is; If you were successful in negotiating unlimited with SWA, why not any others?

Of course the next few weeks I'll carry more than one Delta guy out of PNS as usual and I won't even complain about it. I just think that the system sucks and I'm so damn glad I'm only doing the ATL commute from AUS 2 more times for the rest of my life!!!

Venting over. I guess it took a negative commute to make me appreciate my commuting days comming to an abrupt end soon.

IAHERJ

Bringing pay down to commuter levels? What are you talking about, OUT? I thought Delta was one of the highest. Maybe you should wait till you get to the airlines before talking airline politics.

Out...

You have got to be the biggest tool yet on this board, with you vast amount of experience and knowledge. LOL.... comm, Inst, mei guy.... LOL... you idiot. Now you would really be cool if you had your gold seal ;). Make sure the babysitter doesn't see you playing on the computer junior. You really should start working on mommy and daddy to give you that 10K to buy your first job in that brand new RJ.

ps. Becareful crossing the street on your big wheel junior. We wouldn't want anything to happen to you since we all have soooo much to learn from you.

So at Big Brown and now you have all the answers...just like you did when you were at Delta. I guess, you never commuted or flew for the commuters huh?

Networ-King said:
Out...

You have got to be the biggest tool yet on this board, with you vast amount of experience and knowledge. LOL.... comm, Inst, mei guy.... LOL... you idiot. Now you would really be cool if you had your gold seal ;). Make sure the babysitter doesn't see you playing on the computer junior. You really should start working on mommy and daddy to give you that 10K to buy your first job in that brand new RJ.

ps. Becareful crossing the street on your big wheel junior. We wouldn't want anything to happen to you since we all have soooo much to learn from you.

Say what you want about me, but I'll ALWAYS be SENIOR to YOU! See you around the NASC!

If it aint my good ol pal SWAFO....

Normal people would be able to tell from the ATR time in my profile that I flew for the commuters, but I guess you were too eager to slam me, so you must have skipped it. If you want to find the know it all on this board then you need to look in the mirror. Big brown is a great place to be, but with cabotage and scope this place might not be around either. Make no mistake about it none of us are safe in this industry. Specially with the new breed of pilots like OUT. You could really use a piece of humble pie SWAFO cause your not safe in this industry either. Time will tell, now go fly your 1000 hours a year and make that money ;).

OUT,

You keep doing the intern thing at UPS and when you actually START class then we'll talk. Now go make sure the cbts are working and the coffee machines are stocked, and while your at it why don't you go get some experience before you open up your trap about crap you know nothing about. Let me now when you want to meet at the "ASC" and I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

Last edited:
Networ-King said:
If it aint my good ol pal SWAFO....

Normal people would be able to tell from the ATR time in my profile that I flew for the commuters, but I guess you were too eager to slam me, so you must have skipped it. If you want to find the know it all on this board then you need to look in the mirror. Big brown is a great place to be, but with cabotage and scope this place might not be around either. Make no mistake about it none of us are safe in this industry. Specially with the new breed of pilots like OUT. You could really use a piece of humble pie SWAFO cause your not safe in this industry either. Time will tell, now go fly your 1000 hours a year and make that money ;).

Networ-King,

Please don't interpret this as an insult, for I am typing this as an observation.

Based on your profile, I am assuming that you are still on probation. i.e., you have been here less than a year. You say that this is a great place to be, and you are right. You also mention cabotage and scope with regards to stability here, at least that is the tone that I sensed in your above statement.

I don't think you fully understand how scope and cabotage affect this place, and until you have been here a considerable amount of time, one won't.

This isn't Delta Air Lines or like any other passenger airline. In fact, I don't consider this place an airline at all. It is a multi-billion dollar transportation conglomerate, and many of the problems faced on the pax side of the fence are not felt here. In other words, what will affect a passenger airline will not affect a trucking company.

I don't think anybody is safe is ANY industry. Some companies are stronger than others and some have longevity odds that are greater than others. We happen work for a company in an industry that is a huge part of the U.S. and world economy. We are diversified, and if you enjoy flying airplanes, this is definitely one of the more secure places to sink your teeth into.

But, don't make assumptions about the future with regards to cabotage and scope until you have been here a while and have seen how the night side works. One of my pet-peeves is when people try to analyze the package and cargo industry with a pax-airline mentality.

Get rid of that, because we are not airline pilots. We move packages. We operate heavy machinery whose design and intent is to move cargo. We are no different than the truck drivers in that our jobs accomplish the same objective: facilitate the movement of goods from point A to point B.

And one more thing: please be nice. SWA guys may fly 1000 hours a year, but we choose to be away from home for up to 16 days at a time too.

Clyde said:
Networ-King,

Please don't interpret this as an insult, for I am typing this as an observation.

Based on your profile, I am assuming that you are still on probation. i.e., you have been here less than a year. You say that this is a great place to be, and you are right. You also mention cabotage and scope with regards to stability here, at least that is the tone that I sensed in your above statement.

I don't think you fully understand how scope and cabotage affect this place, and until you have been here a considerable amount of time, one won't.

This isn't Delta Air Lines or like any other passenger airline. In fact, I don't consider this place an airline at all. It is a multi-billion dollar transportation conglomerate, and many of the problems faced on the pax side of the fence are not felt here. In other words, what will affect a passenger airline will not affect a trucking company.

I don't think anybody is safe is ANY industry. Some companies are stronger than others and some have longevity odds that are greater than others. We happen work for a company in an industry that is a huge part of the U.S. and world economy. We are diversified, and if you enjoy flying airplanes, this is definitely one of the more secure places to sink your teeth into.

But, don't make assumptions about the future with regards to cabotage and scope until you have been here a while and have seen how the night side works. One of my pet-peeves is when people try to analyze the package and cargo industry with a pax-airline mentality.

Get rid of that, because we are not airline pilots. We move packages. We operate heavy machinery whose design and intent is to move cargo. We are no different than the truck drivers in that our jobs accomplish the same objective: facilitate the movement of goods from point A to point B.

And one more thing: please be nice. SWA guys may fly 1000 hours a year, but we choose to be away from home for up to 16 days at a time too.

Clyde,

check pm

Latest resources

Back