Thank You Pinnacle, Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aa73

... for giving me rides between IAD/JFK and back. The j/s experience has been nothing short of wonderful and helpful. I greatly appreciate the rides and hope that some of the crews get to read this so that I can meet you in person.

I'm also happy to report that it appears that the j/s issues between AA and Pinnacle, Mesaba and Colgan has been fixed. Looks like you are now unlimited on us, with more to surely follow.

aa73

I've had you guys in the seat a couple of times on that route and a couple of others, we're always glad to offer a ride. That being said, for the love of pete, start hiring so we can get the hell out of here and on to a real company! :D

Now how about intl JSA? We give plenty of AA guys rides to YYZ and YUL :)

Baby steps, man! It's all coming together s-l-o-w-l-y... standard pace here in Skynaziland.

We are not too far off from hiring... should be through the whole furlough list by end of year at this pace of recalls/deferrals... then about 140 more AE pilots flow through.... then we hire off the street. Prob sometime next spring.

Right back at ya. Nice to be unlimited on AA. Thanks.

It had nothing to do with "being nice" to us. Had they wanted to be nice, they would have put us on their unlimited list a long time ago. Pinnacle has been fighting for getting on AA's unlimited list for a long time, and in that time, our leaders told us to limit AA jumpseaters to just one even if seats in the back open (just like how we are limited to AA). Then, nothing happened.

That is, until our JFK base opened up. Now, we do tons of flying in and out of LGA, JFK, and BOS. All of these are AA bases. Now, you have a bunch of AA guys trying to get to work, and they get reverse-treatment. Guys at AA raise a stink, and now, we are finally on a level playing field with reciprocation.

Somehow, I'm 99% sure this would have never happened had we not had a JFK base.

I don't know who was at fault. APA or AA management or both?

If it was up to me, I would never deny a jumpseater if there are seats, I don't care what the union says. The FOM states clearly that Class 8 jumpseaters are guys who are from Part 121 or 135 carriers that are CASS approved and given PIC approval. That's enough right there to get any CASS guy onboard.

Last edited:
It had nothing to do with "being nice" to us. Had they wanted to be nice, they would have put us on their unlimited list a long time ago. Pinnacle has been fighting for getting on AA's unlimited list for a long time, and in that time, our leaders told us to limit AA jumpseaters to just one even if seats in the back open (just like how we are limited to AA). Then, nothing happened.

That is, until our JFK base opened up. Now, we do tons of flying in and out of LGA, JFK, and BOS. All of these are AA bases. Now, you have a bunch of AA guys trying to get to work, and they get reverse-treatment. Guys at AA raise a stink, and now, we are finally on a level playing field with reciprocation.

Somehow, I'm 99% sure this would have never happened had we not had a JFK base.

If it was up to me, I would never deny a jumpseater if there are seats, I don't care what the union says. The FOM states clearly that Class 8 jumpseaters are guys who are from Part 121 or 135 carriers that are CASS approved and given PIC approval. That's enough right there to get any CASS guy onboard.

I know. Just wanted to say a return thanks to a nice guy. I don't make the upper level decisions and neither does he. Just glad we are able to help one another out!

Somehow, I'm 99% sure this would have never happened had we not had a JFK base

Chillax dude and put down the keyboard. Way to snub a thank you!

I've had you guys in the seat a couple of times on that route and a couple of others, we're always glad to offer a ride. That being said, for the love of pete, start hiring so we can get the hell out of here and on to a real company! :D

Agree

aa73, you are welcome. Looking forward to a returned favor in the future. Kind of nice seeing the same faces in the jumpseat every couple of weeks out of JFK, DTW and DCA

Latest resources

Back