Thank You Fed Ex.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhh, OK.

I see what you are all about DOVPilot. You troll all threads throwing fire. I hope you aren't like that in real life. Its takes a toll on your soul being so bitter throughout life.

Peace out.

Any rumor on whether the requirement for 10 internal recs (joke, but...), hand carried to the Chief Pilot himself, who actually FLEW with you is going away?
The policy was actually 3 internal recs, emailed to an Ass't Chief Pilot. As far as that going away, we have a (fairly) new chief pilot, and I have no idea what his requirements will be, but I suspect they'll be at least somewhat different. I would expect that at at least one internal recommendation would be required or highly encouraged.

I can understand 3 recs from authority figures (check airmen, FSDO manager, etc etc)....
The recommenations had to be internal. Check airmen, management types, etc, helped, but were not required. The one guy I helped get hired was just recommended by me and two other line types. I don't think external recs (FSDO manager, etc) were part of the equation.

Alot of guys would love be Be Purple but just don't have the internal contacts....
I think that the key is getting one contact and working from there. It could be a friend-of-a-friend type situation who could get you a look at the seniority list. Aviation is a pretty small world, and you may be surprised to find out who you know here -- I know I was. I thought I had knew one guy here, and after I was hired it turned out I knew over a dozen I'd lost contact with.
Any rumor when hiring will resume?
None whatsoever. I keep hearing that we're overmanned, but I'm not really seeing it. I don't suspect that there will be any hiring until the economy starts to turn around AND we find ourselves undermanned. Then it will be hiring like gangbusters to play catch-up.

Just my two cents,

Z

I'm not in CASS anymore, but when I was, jumpseating on Fedex was great. I could bring whatever I could carry, I had my own catering on the MD-11 and once the captain waited a little for me when my taxi driver got lost between Merrill Field and ANC. I'm glad I had the opportunity to sit up front in a 727. The Airbus and the DC-10 always got you there, but they weren't as comfortable. Fedex was almost always a sure thing.

Also, thanks to whatever crew it was for not yelling at me for building a fort on the floor. I was really tired and I needed to sleep. ...and that time I had the black eye, it wasn't really from snowboarding.

Ahhh, OK.

I see what you are all about DOVPilot. You troll all threads throwing fire. I hope you aren't like that in real life. Its takes a toll on your soul being so bitter throughout life.

Peace out.

No not really I was just having a bad day I guess. Being bitter is the hard part to get rid of, I do hope you are fortunate enough to get on with them , if that is your goal.

Why would you say that? If he's currently a RJ captain then I don't see any reason that by the time we start hiring again why he wouldn't be competitive (unless he doesn't have a four year degree).

Z

Well I should have been more specific about his creds compared to all the thousands of applicants that are out on the street with heavy international time.

Thanks from NWA!

Another big thank you from a NWA pilot based in ANC. You guys carry me from ANC to AFW or MEM on a regular basis. You guys are welcome anytime on our cargo or passenger birds. If available, I always make sure you get a seat in first!

Thank you from me as well. My situation is somewhat unique in that I'm a former FedEx courier, so it's fun to see people I knew during my driving days.

Latest resources

Back