• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank you Alaska for the Jumpseat. NOT!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not too long ago I missed a flight on American out of Miami because of "USER ERROR." Agent did not know what she was doing and it kept flagging me as "Cabin JS only."

When it happens again, ask her to try on a different computer. It'll usually work... does in OGG and LAX every time.

The good ol' days CASS, JAX, and other crap really didn't exist. Jumpseating was as easy as flashing an I.D. and get a slip signed by the CAPT. I guess we can thank TSA and the Homeland security department for their security directives.

No, you can "thank" 19 muslim nazis, and their nazi enablers.

I had a similar incident very recently. I was JS out of LAS on DAL. The gate agent informed me that the Delta gates do not have internet access, therefore they could not verify me in CASS and I could only get a seat in the back. I did get a ride home (thanks BTW), but if the cabin was full I would not have been able to ride the actual JS because they have no means to verify me in CASS. I asked if it was a temporary problem and she said that's the way it has always been at LAS. I asked if the front ticket counter could access CASS and she told me no, it was the same out there.

So, what's the skinny? Was she blowing smoke up my skirt or is there really a CASS problem with DAL in LAS? If so, is anybody addressing it?

FYI - Alaska has the same problem at gates D25 and 26 in LAS. Our CSAs have to run downstairs to ops to get on the internet in order to run a JACS approval. Not easy to do and certainly they won't be inclined to do it if they are busy.

I learned I couldn't depend on it. Nor could I depend on Alaska flights even if JACS did approve me, how many flights were "delayed" when actually the loads were low so they rebooked everyone on the subsequent flight and called it a delay instead of what it really was, a cancellation?

I was always treated great by Alaska crews but their operation can't be depended on.

Our operation definitely cannot be counted on ... especially toward the end of the day. Those flying late pairing know the frustration of the wheels coming off our schedule in the evening.

I had a similar thing happen in SEA. The agent informed me US Airways wasn't approved because it wasn't on her screen. She was not the friendliest agent and I tend to think she looked down on me because I fly for a little podunk carrier like US Airways. Of course I was very polite and walked two gates down to customer service. They pulled it up on their screen and called down to the gate to fix the problem.

Latest resources

Back