Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Formula 1

Do you want to go flying?
I was denied jumpseat on Alaska tonight because the gate agent told me that Jackson system was not working and there was no seats in the back of the airplane because the previous flight cancelled. I asked to see the captain but the supervisor said no. I sat at the gate for 45 minutes and waited while they checked my ID with their Jackson system (their version of CASS I guess), but it would not work. Since I waited so long, I missed connect through LAS to try to make this direct flight. Now I am sleeping in the crew lounge.

I'm sorry to hear you missed your commute and had to spend the night in the crew lounge. But I'm wondering, what is the point of your post? I'm guessing this was just a random problem, but if you really think it warrants, you would be much better off passing along these details to your airline's jumpseat coordinator. Although I would omit the "NOT!" reference.

Good luck,
Wally

p.s. It's JACS (pronounced "Jacks").

I believe the point of his post was to illustrate two areas of frustration:

1) The CASS system which was in place did not work (obvious).

2) He thought he should be able to speak to the captain and was frustrated the ground personnel blocked him from doing so (not so obvious).

I don't know how Alaska's JS works, but even if he would have gotten to me (SWA) I can not authorize off line JS to ride up front without CASS approval.

Again .. sorry that he had to sleep in the lounge but offline jumpseating can be a challenge at times.

I have also had trouble ith JACS. While I've told my jumpseat coordinator, maybe the Alaska guys would like to know there is a problem.

I had a similar experience with United and CASS. I was getting "unknown error - call Flight Ops." After about 10-15 minutes of trying to no avail... they tried it again on a different computer and my ugly mug scared the bejeezus out of them the first try.

Was it an American agent working the Alaska booth?

I've experienced that and what should have been a 6 hour flight to ANC, turned into 18 hours thanks to the nazi.

I was denied jumpseat on Alaska tonight because the gate agent told me that Jackson system was not working and there was no seats in the back of the airplane because the previous flight cancelled. I asked to see the captain but the supervisor said no. I sat at the gate for 45 minutes and waited while they checked my ID with their Jackson system (their version of CASS I guess), but it would not work. Since I waited so long, I missed connect through LAS to try to make this direct flight. Now I am sleeping in the crew lounge.

obviously you went back to the crew lounge and started drinking. i can guarantee you that the captain did not know you were having this problem or he/she would have done everything to get you on, unless you work for "RedWood."

relax...commuting sux and sometimes you get screwed. everyone on this board who has at one point been left behind, so no reason to single out an isolated situation with a stupid gate agent.

if you don't want to commute...then apply here.

mookie

Alaska is always good to me when I jump on them. However, JACS is tempermental and when it is down, there is nothing the CA can do for you. Part of commuting, sucks...but it is how it is!

I agree with WALLY'S POST. I would omit the "NOT!" reference. Its a broad statement for a specific problem that never really happens much. The JAX's system is reliable ! ( MOST OF THE TIME ! )

I'm sorry to hear you missed your commute and had to spend the night in the crew lounge. But I'm wondering, what is the point of your post? I'm guessing this was just a random problem, but if you really think it warrants, you would be much better off passing along these details to your airline's jumpseat coordinator. Although I would omit the "NOT!" reference.

Good luck,
Wally

p.s. It's JACS (pronounced "Jacks").

Problems with gate agents not letting guys talk to the captain is not a random problem it is a GROWING problem. Gate agents think they control the jumpseat.

Latest resources

Back