• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem... Gentlemen (FDJ and Turbo)?
Don't make me pull this car over!

If4f,
Internet whipping boy and sometimes a moderator

It is always beyond me why there is such conflict between the two proud groups in Atlanta. Each of us just want our piece of the pie.

Each carrier offers a different product. Both groups work hard to ensure our passengers recieve fair and safe travel. I have many times stopped the bashing in the cockpit. Its the right thing to do! We haul Delta guys home ...and I have been taken home by the fine folks at Delta ..We are all professional pilots and should always seek to treat all of our brothers with respect and admiration. As we race for our departure slots and poke at ATC for preferred sequence to ramps and gates... remember both are trying to have fun and make a buck for our families. Relax and enjoy the extra block time.....

Some of us end up at hard working Commuters, some Majors, some in Alaska, some Corporate, .bla bla bla... any turn of events could have placed any one of us in a different situation.... in the end we all love to fly and want to make it to retirement. Stop the destuctive bashing and start supporting our profession.

We should ALL be seeking to improve our quality of life. Improve the pay for a vast majority of underpaid. We should ensure that some sort of security for pilots that are serious about flying as a career.

Time spent bashing fellow pilots is a waist of time. Especially guys that have only months till retirement... AirTran will continue
to offer a alternative safe product. We work hard to ensure that safety is first.

I guess I just wanted to say my peace...... been thinking it for a while and just had to dump..... Thanks folks for listening..... Just happy to be flyin while alot of folks are looking for anything that resembles an aviation job... Comments and critics welcome.. Discourse is the Key !!!!

I have enjoyed my time at AirTran. It is a good airline. :)

mnboyev, excellent post.

I'll go further to say that Delta should want Airtran to succeed. Airtran is the only thing between Delta and a monopoly lawsuit over air travel in ATL and the South. The nations SECOND BUSIEST airport with only one hub carrier? Not likely to stay out of trouble for long.

As for having fun "As we race for our departure slots and poke at ATC for preferred sequence to ramps and gates" I think we ASA pilots enjoy it as much or more than you all do. However, I still don't understand how you guys always get the "inboard" runway for landing so much. Do you guys get pizzas delivered to the tower or something?

MN,

Good post. I want to apologize if I gave you the impression that i was putting your airline down. It was not my intent. I have never bashed airtran, in fact, I have publically supported your pilots on many occasions. I wish you luck in future contract negotiations, as I feel a rising tide lifts all boats. Nothing would make me happier than to see your next contract beat ours. I think it hurts our profession as a whole to have airlines compete via pilot salaries.

You mentioned that we should all work towards a better life and higher pay for all pilots. I agree. You say we should work to ensure security for pilots. I also agree. Then you go on to say that bashing certain pilots is a waste of time. It is here that you lose me. There are certain pilots who by their actions have undermined our efforts to achieve those common goals. Our strength is in our unity, and in fact it is that unity that has led to every increase in our quality of life throughout the years. Certain people have betrayed us and their actions should never be forgiven, or forgotten. You imply that holding such a grudge is a waste of time. I could not disagree more. Perhaps a junior pilot will see our actions, and decide that they don't want to go through the same thing in the future. On the other hand, the message we send by forgiveness is that future strikers do not have to fear crossing a picket line. Some may think that our ostracism is childish and a waste of time. I think that it is a valuable tool in our efforts to maintain unity.

We as a union have not been tested with scabs in a long time. As a result, I fear that we have become complacent about their threat. It does still exist, whether or not we care to acknowledge it.

I hope that I did not give you the impression that I believe all pilots of airtran are scabs. I know that is not true, and I respect the vast majority of you and wish you the best. However, as the son of an EAL pilot, I know that a percentage of your pilots crossed my father's line. It is towards them that I direct my scorn, not towards you and guys like you.

I hope that I have cleared up any misunderstanding. Fly safe.

These post make me feel that the future of aviation will be secure. The issue is that yes we are all pilot's trying to make a living doing what we love to do. Let's not let the polictics of life,the crazy turns in the airline industry, even 911 let us loose the unity that we need to keep our profession afloat.;)

Airtran employees, from pilots to gate agents have always been wonderful about the jumpseat. It is my pleasure to return the favor with a smile.

While we can not offer the cockpit any more, any open seat is a jumpseat. Welcome aboard, Airtran pilots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back