• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

achick

Although I have heard nothing but nightmare stories about Air Tran and I try and fly American as often as possible, I couldn't resist Air Tran's low fares from LGA to PHF. It was terrific! Clean planes, smooth flight, nice FA's, on time and so cheap I can go down every weekend.

Good work guys--- keep it up!

Amazing to see this post. I just finished a round trip from MIA-ATL-BOS and return. They treated us like one of their own even putting us in first class there and back as a courtesy at no extra charge. I am intending to send a note to Joe Lenord. Keep up the great work all you guys that work at Air Tran. That 717 is great especially when it comes to putting those "roll-a-way's" away.

Believe it or not, Valujet was the same way. Don't believe everything you read....

Huck,
What are you implying? That Air Tran will eventually go out of business? That they will have an accident and crash? I assume the inference was made to suggest that their pilots aren’t as qualified as those who fly for the majors and I would imagine that they probably don’t have the same kind of experience (the FO looked like he was 12). I was truly impressed with them and so was Turbo S7. The facts are they are one of the few companies hiring and the flights are affordable. People who are willing to fly will choose them, bringing in more business, hiring more pilots and so on. As I said, I’d rather fly American , it goes to ORF and has more convenient fight times, but my furloughed boyfriend and I can’t afford a $300.00 flight three times a month, especially when Air Tran is $100.
Give credit where credit is due.

achick,

Grow some thicker skin. I read Huck's post to mean that ValueJet got an undeserved bad reputation for service too. It sounded to me like he was agreeing with you. Relax.

achick,

Huck is/was giving ValueJet their kudos and was saying they got a pad PR rap.

As far as AirTran's HR /PR department goes, however,I had wanted to respond to their ad in this past Sunday's Chicago Tribune for some part time work. Their fax number (Chicago ) as printed- is disconnected, the email address doesn't work, and on their web site - the main fax is busy 24/7.

Anyone have a working Chicago fax # for AirTran?

Point well taken, gentlemen. I personally didn’t take any offense to Huck’s response, I just assumed (wrongly) that he was insulting them (there is a fair amount of that on this board).

I hate to see people be unjustly attacked. Maybe I jumped the gun on this one.

Fly safe.

You know, I started to respond to the scab, and then realized it was pointless.

If anyone doubts my listed credentials, please send me a private message and I will be happy to list the dates and airline of each particular airplane.

The scab has not only admitted he crossed a line, but sounds proud of it. As such, I will not engage in any discussions with him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back