• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Texas $1295 Multi Engine ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they still offer just an instrument or commercial stuff as well. They are just very well known for the $1295 multi...

Yes, if you have your commercial instrument right now the multi is just an add on so you will be single and multi engine commercial, instrument airplane. Common question they get asked. Still just $1295 no matter how many hours it takes you to get it.

Glad Don Scott is still doing checkrides. He is one of those examiners that want you to have learned something during the checkride and come away from it not just being certified, but to be a better pilot too, rather than just some exercise of checking off PTS standards and signing you off.

pgcfii2002,

If you have your single engine commercial license and instrument rating, it is $1295 to add your multi rating onto that. Like I said, if you have your instrument rating, you are good. If you don't have your instrument rating, you will be able to get your multi rating but with VFR only restriction. Help any?

So it is basically a Multi VFR add on? Or is it a Multi Commercial (or Multi IFR) add on for $1295?????

Sounds from your post its just a Multi Private add on (with IFR privledges for ASEL IFR)....

they still offer just an instrument or commercial stuff as well. They are just very well known for the $1295 multi...

Yes, if you have your commercial instrument right now the multi is just an add on so you will be single and multi engine commercial, instrument airplane. Common question they get asked. Still just $1295 no matter how many hours it takes you to get it.

Okay, $1295 for a Multi Comm/IFR add on to the ASEL Comm/IFR add on.....

Not a bad deal, a bit cheaper than Shebles.....much more to be exact!!

Only reason I ask is...Shebles offers the Multi IFR/Multi Comm for around $2295 EACH.....something like $5100 total for both!!!

One thing that everybody misses in this "get the me add on quick" deal is the fact that when it comes to renting more ME aircraft these "quicke" ratings and licenses won't make too much difference.
Compare these two people:
Person #1 : Goes and gets Comm add on for 1295. Comes back to home and still needs 10 hrs of check out on the local twin for $225 + instructor fees
Person #2 : Goes to a local school and gets the commercial add on at 10 hrs at 225 + instructor and then is able to rent the me aircraft.

Which one would you rather be?
In this day and age of 'get there fast' a lot of people are missing these points.

Latest resources

Back