Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vortilon

Big Member
I have been aware for a while that they are definitely testing the system, and the only thing that surprises me in the story is that they put 14 of them on together.

I hope everyone reading this story is aware that this is not an isolated incident. Talk to a FAM.

I had a situation departing LaGuardia, which if written out in full would be too long and labor intensive, but I am convinced these were bad guys on our flight. To summarize...

Two middle-eastern dudes fly from Belgium to JFK, shuttle to LGA, board the jet, and sit right next to each other in a 3-across row. In other words, they were snuggling when most would spread out. They began to speak in an arab tongue. An anglo woman happened to know Farsi, listened in, and informed the #1 they were discussing security on the jet.

The Capt and I look at each other, and began a 40 minute process of figuring out just WTF was with these guys. The Capt. fakes a maintenance problem while we investigate. He goes back and talks to the men. "NoNoNo, we speak Pakistan, we are Pakistani". Aside to the Capt, Anglo farsi-woman says "No way in hell, it was FARSI". Capt speed dials everyone he knows with security credentials on his cell phone. No one in corporate security can help, so we talk a bit and decide to boot these guys on our own. When the LGA cops arrive to remove them from the plane, the Capt. makes a killer PA... "The maintenance problem was fake, we had two very suspicious men removed from the flight by the port authority." The jet erupts in applause.

I turns out the men had NO bags except a single gym bag between the two, and this was on a flight from EUROPE!! We certainly didn't want their shiite in the cargo hold. I am convinced that they were observers, unlikely to try anything, there weren't enough of them, but they were there to monitor cockpit access and crew coordination. No FAMS on board.

A very disturbing article. I just hope we dont remember this article someday while watching CNN thinking another tragedy could have been prevented.

It also proves that Corporate Security is a joke... Unless you're stealing pens and whiteout!TC

I'm Sorry but....

We all have been on hightened alert for a long time now, we notice things that we never even looked for in pre 911 days....

I think most of us red white and blue americans are getting pretty tired of our society being envaded by the middle easterners that seem to get special treatment, special loan assistance, special courtesies in many ways that we can never seem to get by our own government....

I am the first one to defend our way of life and our Freedoms, I did! and I dont like to see them eroding because of these people...I for one feel we Must change our policies in this country when it comes to "Non-US Citizens". Sorry, we can treat these people nicely, with respect, with an honest reason why we are giving these people extra special searches.....is it discriminatory? YOU BET IT IS... if these people can not understand how we feel, well than got to school or get some counciling on the American way of Life....I'm sick and Tired of trying to be PC with everyone that comes to our country and brings their way of life here to make a change...This is America...thia is our Land, Our Heritage.....when you come here "DO AS WE DO", fit in, enjoy OUR WAY OF LIFE not your old one! Speak "English" act appropreatly(sp) dont give us all reason to think the worse of you because you want to act like idiots on an airplane.....your going to get your A$$ kicked if you keep it up....

The story above and it's publishing will scare away lots of people when the read it, these kind of things have got to stop some how before we all stop flying...
It's only going to take one more airline terrorist incident in this country and the airlines may as well lock the doors and send everyone home...

"Rant over"

Col Bill USAF 9ret)
Dispatcher

Tripower455 said:
And yet, there are still people who think that pilots shouldn't be armed!
I dont want to debate arming pilots, but a team of terrorists assembling a bomb from cell phones and cameras in the lav isnt going to be affected by an armed pilot. If anything it shows that terrorists are already changing tactics to get around an armed crew.

A pistol in the cockpit wouldnt stop an attack like this. Proper screening would!

I dont want to debate arming pilots, but a team of terrorists assembling a bomb from cell phones and cameras in the lav isnt going to be affected by an armed pilot. If anything it shows that terrorists are already changing tactics to get around an armed crew.
You are correct. An FFDO would have no effect on explosives.

They don't need to put 15 guys on the airplane to blow it up. All it takes is 1 "trusted" (ie: not a pilot) employee on the ramp or a manpad. They were there to commandeer it. An FFDO would have a much better chance of stopping the take over than an unarmed crew.

A pistol in the cockpit wouldnt stop an attack like this. Proper screening would!
The 02 system in the airplane won't extinguish an engine fire, but we still have an 02 system.

I agree about the screening. The politically correct re: screening attitude will get more people killed.......

You'd think that in the wake of 9/11, the government would have gotten serious about airliner security. The sad fact is that the ONLY effective measures that have been taken are:

FFDO program
More FAMs
100% baggage screening.

Everything else that has been done is pure eyewash BS.

The fact that **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** near every employee on the airport (except pilots) is not screened prior to entering the "secure" area borders on criminal negligence.

Last edited:
Arming the pilots....

Tripower455 said:
And yet, there are still people who think that pilots shouldn't be armed!
Tripower, I dont know really what to say to you here...did you read the artical? Having a hand gun in the cockpit is all fine an dandy...its the last source of defence in the airplane....but you guys up front just better fly the GD airplane and get her on the ground.......In this case, what good would a hand gun do for you if 19 muslims are putting the bomb together on the airplane???? If they blow the a$$ end of the airplane off what good is that gun going to do you or the passengers?????

Geez...get real here, these people are not dumb, just a like a robber, they are going to seek the path of least resistance and look for weaknesses in the system, the cockpit is the last place they are going to go now....and if you open that G.D. Cockpit door for any reason you're and idiot and putting everything on the line again just to play rambo......

Latest resources

Back