• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ten Years with the Ball & Chain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright you whinners and crybabies, heres the deal!

This August is the magic 10 year anniversary, and I (aka Archie Bunker) need to get this one right, or number 11 is going to be spent by myself in an apartment!!

Im cashing in some of my 600,000 hilton miles and my 300,000 Delta miles and I need to take her somewhere really really cool. She likes the beach, the sun, the hot rocks on your back, fu-fu drinks and all that crap. And I just want to sit at home and do nothing! But that aint gonna happen. I suck at this stuff... help a brother out!

The Caribbean and Hawaii are OUT! I was thinking of Greece or somewhere in the Med. or maybe Sydney...

Hows about some of dudes in touch with your 'Oprah side' give me some suggestions.... please?

Wolf
(wanted to take her to Sturgis on the new Electra Glide... didn't go over so well) :(

So, where are you taking your bride?

Cash in the Hilton points and get her a nice Kirby Vacuum cleaner. She'll love yah for it! That and a nice black and decker dust buster for those hard to reach places so that she can keep that loving room as clean as can be while your watching football.

Look into the Maldives or Bora Bora.

I'm not sure if I would take her to Ibiza, Spain. I have heard some bad things about that place, but can't confirm them.

Well the verdict is in!

Sydney, Australia and Christchurch New Zealand on the way home.

12 days: 340,000 Hilton Points and 300,000 United Points (Business Class, super saver). I’m drinking :beer: Fosters:beer: while she gets tattoos with an aborigine tribe. If that doesn’t kill her we're going to the Great Barrier Reef.

So now lets start this thread all over again and give me the info on Australia… Never been there!

Thanks a million to everyone who gave all these good ideas. Greece, Fiji, Thailand, and Egypt came in 2-5. Detroit was a distant 6th place. But since I got her bling bling for Mothers Day, and I gots my gold caps:pimp: on my teeth, didn’t see no need in going back so soon.

Thanks for the 2nd Honeymoon Uncle Warren!

Well the verdict is in!

Sydney, Australia and Christchurch New Zealand on the way home.

12 days: 340,000 Hilton Points and 300,000 United Points (Business Class, super saver). I’m drinking :beer: Fosters:beer: while she gets tattoos with an aborigine tribe. If that doesn’t kill her we're going to the Great Barrier Reef.

So now lets start this thread all over again and give me the info on Australia… Never been there!

Thanks a million to everyone who gave all these good ideas. Greece, Fiji, Thailand, and Egypt came in 2-5. Detroit was a distant 6th place. But since I got her bling bling for Mothers Day, and I gots my gold caps:pimp: on my teeth, didn’t see no need in going back so soon.

Thanks for the 2nd Honeymoon Uncle Warren!

I think that your really making a mistake wolf. You should have thought about going to Beatrice, NE and an honorable mention to that would have been Grand Forks, ND. That and you wouldnt have had to burn all those points and miles! Hey, dont forget about the vacuum cleaner thing too!

If someone pulls a knife on you down there in the bush, wip out your ginsu and say, "THATS not a knife, THIS is a knife! In all seriousness, have a great trip dude. Watch out for the sharks or stingrays! Crikey!

New Zealand, much better place

Why would you go to that island full of thieves and Englishmen.

Try not to get mugged getting off the plane. :)

Latest resources

Back