Ten most overpaid jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wings Level

I thought that you guys would find this article interesting. Unfortunately, the writer failed to take into consideration
the salaries earned by regional airline pilots. As usual, the media's
understanding of the airline profession lacks many important details.

Because we entrust our lives to them, consumers accept the excessive sums paid them, when it's airplane mechanics who really hold our fate in their hands.

Hmmm...Is $24k excessive?

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid={954AA053-F953-43F3-BBC8-63D351A3BF2A}&siteid=mktw&dist=&archive=true

Still nada...

That link takes you to the same sign in screen. For those of us too lazy to go through the lengthy sign-up process, how about that cut-and-paste of the article?

For those who wish to provide the reporter some "feedback" you can e-mail him (CBSmarketwatch) at the top of the article where the guy's name is listed and serves as a link to send your email response.

While he might have the pilots' pay issue screwed up, I think he was right on the money (pardon the pun) about the dam*ed orthodontists. :D

My wife's orthodontists' bill will be around 8k and for that she will visit the doctor every 2 weeks for 24 months or longer if needed. That is like 50+60 visits so it comes out about $130-140 per visit. Perhaps less because all the stuff that had to be done in advance was included into this. They easily spend about 1h with here each time. I think it is reasonable, expensive but reasonable.

However my immigration lawyer charged us some 15-20k for filling out forms 4 times. These are form that they are filling out everyday. Now that is expensive. Good thing is that most of it was paid by my company.

Also I would love to see how much it costs for the US economy all the people reading stupid articles (on their job like me right now :D) written by morons. I told my wife, in case we will have a daughter, the two scenarios I will not tolerate are: if she comes home with a journalist or a priest. (I would love to have a throw up smiley here.)

I told my wife, in case we will have a daughter, the two scenarios I will not tolerate are: if she comes home with a journalist or a priest. (I would love to have a throw up smiley here.)
A father told me once, that when you have a girl, you have to worry about ALL the penises out there. When you have a boy, you only have to worry about one. In modern times, I don't think that theory holds true anymore.

The part of that article that really burns me up is his idea that flying very large aircraft is a job that "technology is making almost fully automated." I just fired off an email to this guy saying, in essence, that he must be overpaid as a journalist becuase the advent of computers and word processing programs has made HIS job "amost fully automated". Once again some idiot reporter drops the ball.

Latest resources

Back