• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Tell me it's not true!!!

Rommel

waterboy
Total Time
+3000
I heard today that there are some "900" FO's that wear their epaulets backward because they fly the "9"

Come on I thought the "I went to UND, I went to Riddle war" with jr fo's was funny, but seriously this just makes you look like a moron who can't put his uniform on right. Makes you wonder what else he can't put on the right way....

This ranks right up there with the RP fo saying he flys a "mini bus"

180ToTheMarker

12 months of October
Total Time
They may fly the "9" but 'em in a real -9 and they can't find their ass from a hole in the ground.

DoinTime

Total Time
6000+
I heard today that there are some "900" FO's that wear their epaulets backward because they fly the "9"

I think thats a Mesaba thing.

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
Total Time

Come on I thought the "I went to UND, I went to Riddle war" with jr fo's was funny, but seriously this just makes you look like a moron who can't put his uniform on right. Makes you wonder what else he can't put on the right way....

Yeah, and I hear some people don't always wear their hat... 'Tell me it's not true!!!' Rommel!

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
Seriously.....Dork is out there, and its rampant in the regionals and this industry, especially in young guys in the regionals...thank god its not catchy like a cold or the flu....maybe people should wear dust masks or get vaccinated just in case.

Andy Neill

Total Time
Epaulette covers that I have used are slightly narrower on one end than the other. Put them on one way and then the other. The one that goes on easiest is the right way.

Mesabi Miner

Total Time
Forgive us at XJ...

Haven't seen the epaulet thing just yet, but have heard some of the youngsters refer to the -900 as the "9." I have been quick to correct them as we all know there is only one "9." Trust me boys, the older fellows at XJ are doing our part to keep any cocky newbies in check. My favorites have been the guys who have been here for 6 months and are pissed because they're being "bumped down" back to straight reserve with recent realignments that have come out. What a bummer for them - considering the multitude of people in our ranks that sat straight Saab FO reserve for 4 years plus during our "dark ages." Please forgive our newbies, and all of us who are still struggling to learn how to land the 9... I mean, the -900.

MM

McNugget

Banned
messiah
Total Time

you mean our fine RP "FA" that say mini bus.

no FO calls it the minibus but hey this is gay hangar news so flame on

FO 4 Life

2 Mai Tai minimum
Total Time
5:00
It isn't a new guy thing, just a personality thing. Prior to 9/11, a fairly senior Eagle captain would tell people he flew the 72. If they didn't push it, he would not elaborate that it was the ATR-72. Kind of funny when he would say it to AA guys.

SEVEN

Total Time
It isn't a new guy thing, just a personality thing. Prior to 9/11, a fairly senior Eagle captain would tell people he flew the 72. If they didn't push it, he would not elaborate that it was the ATR-72. Kind of funny when he would say it to AA guys.

Kind of like telling the NWA 747 guys in the Crew Customs line, "we just got in from London on the 340."
...............London, ON in the Saab 340. That's humorous. What's not is the d0uche bag XJ "9" FO who had his bars on backwards in MSP last week. I never would have believed it until I actually saw it with my own eyes. It was truly a sad, sad day.
I apologize on behalf of the majority of the professional pilots at Mesaba. These FOs are few and far between. It's just unfortunate that the interview process failed and these tools sliped through the cracks and are tainting a well respected pilot group.

flyslow24

Total Time
The epaulets on backwards is what the senior guys jokingly tell the newbies at Mesaba to do...

nothing more.

Goose Egg

Big Jens
Total Time
3k-ish
I fly the 120, therefore my epaulets are straight, and my hat is invisible.

-Goose

McNugget

Banned
messiah
Total Time
Ah, yes, the "Bro FO", worthy of a topic of its own.