Telesis Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Nutt,

Does MRA= Martinaire? Are you doggin' around in a 208 now?

Oh yeah, would you please stop posting so much false information on here...that wouldn't sound like a nice man. ;)

star,

no peeing contest either, im just trying to help a guy out, but while i agree with you on theory, the practical application may not be as succinct.

just ask the last guy that got hired and sent to oklahoma only to find that they wanted someone to live there and do that run on a permanent base, with no hope of ever moving to the twin....needless to say he quit :rolleyes:

point being that yes, if you want, by all means email them...but the sugar coating they are gonna put on things because they are losing 12 guys is gonna be pretty thick ;)

and as for my answers...

1-i know for a fact their pay is better, maybe not initially, but just compare after 6 months to a year down the line.

2-i also know they have hired into the single with less than 150...especially when the resume stack is short.

3-this one i said "im not sure", because it can bend, and im willing to bet they may have to with the regionals hiring like they are.

4-no they do not have an official "SIC" program

5-still my answer is ditto :D

so...i dont see where the confusion is. as for this board, sure...most of the time, the theories thrown around here are just fluff, but ive lost track of the job leads ive given and/or received from this board, and will advocate its use any day of the week :)

Okay, I guess I'll jump in before this turns messy. I work for Telesis.

Yes, we are looking for one guy to live in OKC to do that run. Yes, we are currently sending DAL based pilots up there for a few days at a time to cover it until an Okie is hired. But if a pilot wants to live in DAL and has 250 multi, he/she will certainly be able to do that and upgrade very quickly to a 401 in DAL. Nobody has been chased off because they wouldn't move to OKC. We are only sending DAL pilots up there until we hire someone who already lives there. The only way a pilot would not get to upgrade to the 401/402 is if they wanted to live in OKC or if they have less than 250 multi. If they have less than 250 multi, then the OKC run is all they can get.

We are very short on pilots in Dallas and they are looking for DAL based pilots with 1200TT and 250 Multi. Everyone here is getting hired at regionals. Telesis is a good company. Let me say it again, I've been there a year and it is a good company.

We fly old airplanes, mostly with no gps, autopilot, or radar. But they run well, and they get fixed when you write them up. I've never been pressured to fly a broken airplane or to fly through TS or ice if the airplane is not equipped to do so. To the contrary, I've been counciled for flying when the D.O. would have prefered me to be on the ground. Our DO is a good guy and he's more concerned about keeping us out of trouble than anything else.

I came into this job last year with a lot of questions and expecting all the horror stories of Part 135 freight. I have yet to see it.

I don't know if they'll take lower minimums or not, but just call and ask. Good luck.

...and there ya have it! thanks chuychanga, and let me agree with you and even include the other two piston twin operators GTA and TEX. they may not be pretty, but they are a great place for a low time pilot to get experience. ive lost track of the folks ive sent in any of the three to get jobs, and have yet to hear differently from any of them ;)

Proposed AD on the 402

I met a Tex Star guy a few weeks ago and he was a little worried about the proposed AD on the 402 wing spar. What are Tex Star, Telesis, and other 402 operators going to do if the AD takes affect? He said he heard about 35-40,000 per plane. :confused:

That's a damm good question, I was wondering the same thing myself. I'm glad I sold my 310 because I have a feeling Cessna (greedy) and the Faa (paranoid) are going to go after the creaky 310 wings next.
Rob

FAQs about Telesis TransAir

What is your starting pay rate?
After completing training and check ride, $1500/month when checked out in
the single engine, $1700/month when checked in one twin, $2000/mo when
checked in both twins.

Are raises likely thereafter? At the option of the company, a raise usually
occurs after 6 months.

When is one paid?
Pay periods begin on Monday and end on Sunday two weeks later. The check is
issued the following Friday.

What benefits are provided? After one is here for a specified time,
medical, dental and a 401K arre offered.

Who do you carry freight for?
Banks mostly.

Are you a feeder for another company?
Some DHL.

What do you carry?
Freight, checks, Medical supplies etc, Checks mostly

How many aircraft are in the fleet?
5 Aerostars 600/601 + 7 Cessna 401/402 + 2 PA32's

How many pilots are currently employed with Telesis TransAir?
18 pilots aboard

What days do you generally fly?
Monday through Friday (occasional weekend assignments)

Do you have set schedules or is it all on demand?
Set schedules (subject to change!)

Is most of the flying day or night? about 50-50

Which airport in Dallas do you fly out of?
Love Field

Are all the pilots based in Dallas?
All except 2 based in Houston, and 1 in Oklahoma City

Do you fly out of the Country?
TTA is 48 States only, our weekly routes are all inside Texas, Oklahoma and
Missouri

Does your company have any jumpseat agreements, with other carriers?
No 121's, but some 135's

How long does it take to get trained and checked out?
Figure two weeks from when you first start training until you begin IOE.

How many hours must a pilot prospect have?
Near 1200 total, 500 cross country, 100 night,
75 instrument, and 200 multi engine (not a requirement for the OK City base).

What if I do not have enough hours? Send an updated resume (as plain text
in the body of the e-mail) when you are close.

Are most of your pilots checked out in all 3 types of aircraft?
Yes, that is the plan.

Do you pay during training?
Yes, after ground school, background check and drug test are complete,
pilots are paid $500 per month until flight training and check ride are
accomplished.

Is there a dress code?
Yes

Is a cell phone necessary?
Yes

Email Interview?

good thing email is free i have been emailing back and forth with the d.o. at telesis and am wondering whether or not they will ever call has anyone else been through this do they interview via email

im looking to enhance my flying skills not my typing skills any info from someone hopefully on the inside would help:confused:

ps wow my first thread i should be ready to upgrade to the regional board soon

Re: Email Interview?

satlol said:

im looking to enhance my flying skills not my typing skills :confused:

Next time you email him why dont you tell him that. The phone works both ways. The front office door usually works even better. I know he needs guys in a bad way.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back