Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wang Chung

Everybody have fun tonite
So, with the new job I'm going to TEB quite a bit lately. What are your favorite lunch/dinner spots near the airport? Wolfing down a crew meal in the 'canteen' doesn't count.:rolleyes:

Steve's Sizzling Steaks. Order the filet tips. Ewwwweeee! Thats good.
To get to Steves, take a left turn (south)on route 1 9, coming out of Jet or Millionaire. Go down one or two lights and look on the right.
Also Joey Jet recommends some hotdog joint(not Callahans) that deep fry's the beef, about a ten minute drive from Millionaire.

Duderino said:
Steve's Sizzling Steaks. Order the filet tips. Ewwwweeee! Thats good.
To get to Steves, take a left turn (south)on route 1 9, coming out of Jet or Millionaire. Go down one or two lights and look on the right.
Also Joey Jet recommends some hotdog joint(not Callahans) that deep fry's the beef, about a ten minute drive from Millionaire.

I think the Dude means go South on Route 17, and Steves' is about a mile on the right side, or The infamous White Castle for a sack of Sliders, or Houlihans and TGIF Fridays is next to that, Wendys next to that, for some Chili with a free finger possibly? If you're around for lunch head over to Fabulous Foods on Moonachie Ave. Always good specials, sandwichs', Salads, blah, blah, blah.

A few great places around TEB.

Segovia's (SP?) Great italian and seafood. Don't know if they're open for lunch however. Ask FBO for directions. They are east of the field. about 10 minutes from any FBO.

There is another italian place up on the hill. Don't remember the name of that one...sorry.

Secaucus... Cheeseburger in Paradise, Houllihans, soon a Red Lobster (ugh). Bazooka's (poor man's Hooter's). Foods ok and scenery sometimes good. Over by the mall is the Bone Fish. EXCELLENT! Olive Garden across the street.

Of course, you can't beat a dinner at Ruth Cris in Hoboken. Pricey of course but you'll never leave sorry or hungry.

Just to name a few.

2000Flyer

2000flyer said:
A few great places around TEB.

Segovia's (SP?) Great italian and seafood. Don't know if they're open for lunch however.
Yup, they're open for lunch... The Surf and Turf is excellent! (12 oz. Lobster tail!)

Also Park & Orchard is very good, ask for directions on this one as well...

TEB Chow

Mates,

Now here's a post sure to burn several and flame me to the end ...

Segovia is OUTSTANDING ... but it's not Italian ...it's Spanish. Medeteranian Spanish to be exact. My wife was born in Northern Spain and our (her) faimly's dishes are clearly in line. Ask anyone when you're there! I'm sure they are Spanish, not Italian ... if I'm wrong, I'll eat a bug. A bug, not Avbug.

It's a wondeful experience ... you'll love it ...

TransMach

TransMach said:
Mates,

Now here's a post sure to burn several and flame me to the end ...

Segovia is OUTSTANDING ... but it's not Italian ...it's Spanish. Medeteranian Spanish to be exact. My wife was born in Northern Spain and our (her) faimly's dishes are clearly in line. Ask anyone when you're there! I'm sure they are Spanish, not Italian ... if I'm wrong, I'll eat a bug. A bug, not Avbug.

It's a wondeful experience ... you'll love it ...

TransMach
You are correct, it is Spanish... And excellent none the less...

Legal Seafoods down at the mall is pretty good, too.

Gern is right. Legal Seafoods is about 6 minutes from TEB. On Route 4 (15 minutes) is Morton's steak house. About 5 minutes south of the airport is Sonoma Grill --excellent food and wine (but not if you are flying soon). About 25 minutes south in the Ironbound section of Newark (no comments, it is a good section), are many excellent Portugese/Spanish eateries -- 3 lb. fresh lobster meal for under $30 and delicious - I strongly recommend Fornos of Spain -- they give you a huge plate of homeade, fresh, hot potato chips that alone is worth the cost of the meal.

Fly safe.

There's an Italian joint just past Segovia (maybe 1/2 block - on the same side of the street) that's excellent, also. Forgot the name. The FBO will know, though.

Latest resources

Back