• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TEB - What's for lunch?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just had dinner at an Italian Restaurant or (Ristorante) called Arbereshi's. Without a doubt the best Italian Food I have ever ever eaten.

It's located at 35 Moonachie Road. Coming out of Jet Aviation take a left on Moonachie Ave then take a left at the second light on Moonachie Road. About a 2 miles on your right.

It's a tiny little restaurant that has alot of class. They dont even have menu's. You just tell them what you want and they cook it up for you.

Ask for Martino. He will take great care of you.

I can't say enough good things about this place. The service and food are second to none. You will not be dissapointed.

There is a good Sushi joint right next to TEB, but cant remember the name, the older guy that drives the Million Air shuttle knows where it is and will drop you off and pick you up.

Otter said:
There is a good Sushi joint right next to TEB, but cant remember the name, the older guy that drives the Million Air shuttle knows where it is and will drop you off and pick you up.

That would be Miyoshis!
Located in Hackensack, follow the signs past the townhall etc 4th or 5th left turn right past the railroad tracks.
Damm good Japanese joint.

If you're on the west side of the airport, go up into Hasbrouck Heights. Pass Rte 17 and go up the hill on Franklin Avenue to the "Boulevard", turn right at the light. On the first block on the left side is a trerrific Chinese takeout joint called Ho Mei. It's gotta be the best Chinese quickie food I've had. You can also eat in, although the decor is basically zero. On the next block is a Italian delicatessen, also on the left side, that has great lunch specials as well as fantastic Italian deli style sandwiches, soups, and heros (aka wedge, submarine, etc). You can't go wrong with either of these places if you're operating on a per diem restriction. Several more good places are located in the same area, it is BTW totally residential, so there are quite a few good restaurants in town that will not stretch your budget.

Dangerkitty said:
Just had dinner at an Italian Restaurant or (Ristorante) called Arbereshi's. Without a doubt the best Italian Food I have ever ever eaten.

It's located at 35 Moonachie Road. Coming out of Jet Aviation take a left on Moonachie Ave then take a left at the second light on Moonachie Road. About a 2 miles on your right.

It's a tiny little restaurant that has alot of class. They dont even have menu's. You just tell them what you want and they cook it up for you.

Ask for Martino. He will take great care of you.

I can't say enough good things about this place. The service and food are second to none. You will not be dissapointed.

Correct you are!!! Absolutly the finest. The only bummer is they do not have a liquor licence. You can buy wine from across the street at a very reasonable price. Service is the BEST I have ever encountered.

Sylvester's (Italian) on top of the hill on Franklin and Terrace is very good as well. A bit expensive though.

As for Stevie's ... if you like cigarette smoke with a side order of lung cancer and a very marginal meal this is the place for you. It is nothing more than an independent Outback style resturant with less atmoshere and even less class. If you want steaks the Ivy Inn on Terrace is very good as is the Sea Shack.

Legal Seafood's is fine, but you are in NJ for cryn' out load. Legal is nothing more than a 3 1/2 star chain resturant serving seafood a la Walmart to the masses. You can do much better than this.

Segovia's is always a good bet as well. Make sure that you have a reservation.

I almost forgot, be sure to go to Harold's for deli. It is across the street from the Marriot Courtyard next to the Castle at the intersection of 17 & 3.

All of these places are known to the FBO's and they shouldbe able to point you in the right direction.

If you have access to a car do not miss going into the city. If you go on down to Mulbury St on a Thurs night you will not be disappointed. There are a zillion Italian resturants here. I recommend Angelo's. It has been there for over 100 years. Good food and EXCELLENT eye candy :cool:

Last edited:
G100driver said:
Correct you are!!! Absolutly the finest. The only bummer is they do not have a liquer licence. You can buy wine from across the street at a very reasonable price. Service is the BEST I have ever encountered.

Sylvester's (Italian) on top of the hill on Franklin and Terrace is very good as well. A bit expensive though.

As for Stevie's ... if you like cigarette smoke with a side order of lung cancer and a very marginal meal this is the place for you. It is nothing more than an independent Outback style resturant with less atmoshere and even less class. If you want steaks the Ivy Inn on Terrace is very good as is the Sea Shack.

Legal Seafood's is fine, but you are in NJ for cryn' out load. Legal is nothing more than a 3 1/2 star chain resturant serving seafood a la Walmart to the masses. You can do much better than this.

Segovia's is always a good bet as well. Make sure that you have a reservation.

I almost forgot, be sure to go to Harold's for deli. It is across the street from the Marriot Courtyard next to the Castle at the intersection of 17 & 3.

All of these places are known to the FBO's and they shouldbe able to point you in the right direction.

If you have access to a car do not miss going into the city. If you go on down to Mulbury St on a Thurs night you will not be disappointed. There are a zillion Italian resturants here. I recommend Angelo's. It has been there for over 100 years. Good food and EXCELLENT eye candy :cool:

G100,

Last night we had a few glasses of wine there and some Grappa. Since they dont have a Liquor license they give away the booze. You are not charged for it. I did see people bring in their own wine however.

Best service I have ever had in a restaurant. Bar none.

DK

TransMach said:
Mates,

Now here's a post sure to burn several and flame me to the end ...

Segovia is OUTSTANDING ... but it's not Italian ...it's Spanish. Medeteranian Spanish to be exact. My wife was born in Northern Spain and our (her) faimly's dishes are clearly in line. Ask anyone when you're there! I'm sure they are Spanish, not Italian ... if I'm wrong, I'll eat a bug. A bug, not Avbug.

It's a wondeful experience ... you'll love it ...

TransMach

You are correct sir. I must have had italian on the brain at the time ;)

Hey, I hear that they had a drive in at the end of the runway !!!!!

Latest resources

Back