Teamsters Approval

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LegacyDriver said:
Main complaint with Teamsters is they allow too many things to go to the Grievance level. The Company's attitude is, "If you don't like it, grieve it" and there seems very little the Teamsters can do to prevent that.

This would be true.

I heard that the Teamsters at the old 1980/early 90's, Kalitta had raised the dues up to something like 5%. They did this to hire more Teamster Atty's to handle more grievances. Anyone else heard of this. I think we mihgt have had soemthing like this in our Zantop contract.

A lot of guys at QX are pretty unhappy with the Teamsters. It's all but impossible to get ahold of our BA, they sit on all the grievances, the few grievances that actually go to arbitration are generally lost, and the communication sucks. We have a lot of very committed captains and FOs working to make our union better, but the support from the Local is just not there.

Personally, I don't mind paying union dues, and I'm glad we have one. I'd just like to see my money going somewhere useful, and I just don't see it. A lot of guys here feel the same way.

That said, I don't think anyone is willing to give mgmt an opening through a decertification vote & bringing in ALPA or an independent union. We're pretty much stuck with IBT.

Slap and BP you are both correct. I have been through this process all the way. It is not pretty.

I think most Unions are dealing with reasonable management, however, and I think that is a huge difference beyond the control of the Union. CHQ has the most militant management style of any company I have ever seen. A lot of people have been disciplined for very trivial infractions and the reason the company continues to do it in my view is that very few people are patient enough to wait the 18 months it takes to go through the process. They either quit for a better job or simply say, "Screw it." If every grievance went all the way and ended badly for the Company things *MIGHT* change. But I don't see that happening.

KingAirKiddo said:
Shiny Jet Syndrome (SJS) strikes again! (In regard to 410)

In this case not so much that as people just can't seem to resist taking his obvious bait. He has so far claimed (or implied) he works at CHQ, now above the same for the un-nameable TSA spin-off, yet his profile says CL-65.

His stories are full of holes, yet people keep getting annoyed with the pilot groups he fails to represent

Here fishy-fishy.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back