• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tattoo ok?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every time I go to the Doc I see all these tattoed and pierced people standing in line for medical care. It makes me crazy that they are filling out forms for Govt subsidized care while they are covered in hundreds of dollars worth of ink....""Go figure"

I was in line at the grocery store a while back. Young woman in line ahead of me, baby in the cart, wearing a brand new looking track suit and a pair of Nike tennis shoes. Talking on a what looked like an above average cell phone.

Went to pay with her welfare card and wanted some cash back.

I felt like asking her if I could get some of the cash she was getting back. You know, get some of MY money back.

I was in line at the grocery store a while back. Young woman in line ahead of me, baby in the cart, wearing a brand new looking track suit and a pair of Nike tennis shoes. Talking on a what looked like an above average cell phone.

Went to pay with her welfare card and wanted some cash back.

I felt like asking her if I could get some of the cash she was getting back. You know, get some of MY money back.

Thanks for the reminder I need to see if I qualify for welfare..... $$$$$

(most educated people know you don't get cash back.... guess she wasn't too street smart. A lot of the real "dregs" to society use those coupons as cash and trade them for cigarettes and booze....)

I once had this couple on line in front of me with a shopping cart filled to the hilt. I mean the entire cart was packed to the top with all the goodies one might find at a super-supermarket, including nice cuts of meat. When it came time to pay, they pulled out a welfare card and swiped it, annihilating the hefty balance.

After I pay for my small bag of groceries, I walk out to the parking lot and spot this couple loading their brand new BMW 7-Series with the gov't paid groceries. Boy, was I livid having witnessed this. One can afford such an expensive car, and yet require food stamps?

Another thing I notice here in NYC is that there are many "out of towners," or so it seems. THe ghetto is filledwith cars bearing license plates from PA, VA, and other areas where insurance rates are lower. It's clear they live locally, while enjoying low premiums.

Every time I go to the Doc I see all these tattoed and pierced people standing in line for medical care. It makes me crazy that they are filling out forms for Govt subsidized care while they are covered in hundreds of dollars worth of ink....""Go figure"

Drives me nuts too!

Your crewmembers looks on their faces must be funny at times when you meet them after the day for dinner or drinks. Suprise...look what I have!!!!!!!!!!!

The best is the hot FA who doesn't look like shes anything special in her uniform because the uniforms are pieces of ********************, and when she comes down to hang out with the crew its LOOK OUT!

I have one on my upper arm...cant see it with a short sleeve tee either. Never had a problem with it. Flew both 121 and 91.

Your crewmembers looks on their faces must be funny at times when you meet them after the day for dinner or drinks. Suprise...look what I have!!!!!!!!!!!

Once in a while they do but I really dont care what others think. Most of the FA's love them. Although I am heavly tatted, it deos not mean that I am not a professional with work. I am very professional, well educated, come from a good home and love my job and life...I just happen to have a lot of tattoos. The money in the tattoo business is great and is a side job that I love. Some people may not like them, and may judge your decision based on body art that you have, but to each his own...

Once in a while they do but I really dont care what others think. Most of the FA's love them. Although I am heavly tatted, it deos not mean that I am not a professional with work. I am very professional, well educated, come from a good home and love my job and life...I just happen to have a lot of tattoos. The money in the tattoo business is great and is a side job that I love. Some people may not like them, and may judge your decision based on body art that you have, but to each his own...

I think there used to be more of a sterotype for an indvidual with tattoos.

There's a lot of "hipsters" residing in and around NYC, most with a plethera of tattoos arranged across their body. For the most part, these hipsters tend to come from good families, are well educated and contributing members of society too.

BTW, a good buddy of mine is plenty tattooed. Mostly from when he was in his teens. Nowadays he does regret it a bit. They were very piecemeal type tats... One guy I knew had this complicated religious allegory running across his entire back and arms. REALLY amazing work.

Oh yeah, he was upper middle class too.

My comment wasn't meant to come across like they are a bad thing. Seeing somebody who looks like one of the Miami Ink guys is not the image that most of us have of pilots. (atleast not me)

Although my image of a pilot is not what I work with these days anyway (insert ipod, backpack, hairgel joke here).

I hear you about the professional cockpit comment though. I'm as big a joker and cutup as they come, but when it's time for work I am professional as well.

I just think your tattoos would make for a great conversational piece with crewmembers.

:beer:

No worries...I did not take it that way..It is a good conversation piece and most people like them.

Latest resources

Back